Immortal Redneck [PC] - fast-paced first person shooter rogue-lite

EngineNo9
EngineNo9
I was intrigued but had kind of scoffed at this game when I saw their launch trailer, and was worried it was trying far too hard at an "edgy" attitude.

After giving it a try myself (post the recent 1.2 update that reworks some gunplay, sounds and other core systems) I have to say that it's actually pretty great!

Very fast-paced action, satisfying gunplay (now), tons of different weapons/loadouts, and a rogue-lite system that includes you collecting gold to upgrade your skill tree after you die to make your next run better/different. It's like Doom meets Rogue Legacy or something.

And despite how overbearing the redneck commentary is in the trailer, it's thankfully sparse when you're playing the game. And you can turn down the voice volume separately if you want it off altogether.

Comments

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I finally got to the first boss...and died just before I killed him. :angry: But still having lots of fun!

The more I play I realized I really like one thing that they added in the 1.2 patch. Since you can now select which god to play as for each run (essentially choosing your starting loadout as well as special abilities) the less you play a god the more bonus handicap they get to entice you to choose them for your next run. So the less you play a certain god they will begin to get bonuses to Attack, Defense and/or Hit Points.

It's nice to be gently prodded to make choices out of your comfort zone. Essentially it is positive reinforcement instead of negative reinforcement.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    I finally picked up this game when it was on sale, and I have been playing the hell out of it. Really fun. Nice, addictive upgrade system. Great Roguelike design, too.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Yay! Finally somebody else joins the club! =)