[seeking suggestions] What are some good ideas for Tags here?

Blackjack
Blackjack
I'm starting to use a "movies" tag whenever I start a thread about a particular movie. btw, I'm catching Wonder Woman tonight, so I might start a thread on that one. =) I figured it made sense because we have many movie-specific threads here but specific forum category for that.

"TV" or "TV shows" might be another broad tag that could be helpful, imho.

"Books" could be another if people like to discuss a specific book.

I guess the key is to suggest a tag that's broad enough that it will be applicable to a lot of new discussion threads. If it's only likely to apply to a couple of threads, it doesn't seem worth tagging.

Anyone else have any other suggested tags? :)

Comments

• Blackjack
    Blackjack
    GT Member edited June 2017
    Hello, me. I would suggest maybe "PC games" as a tag since we haven't had a section devoted to that in years. Of course so many titles are multi-platform now, maybe the tag wouldn't get used all that often. Maybe it's a moot point to use a tag like that. But that never stopped anyone on the internet from doing something! :#

And I'd think it' make sense to tag this way for any specific platforms that may have a fair amount of exclusive titles ("Nintendo Switch", "PS Vita" etc.).

If there was some way to have "community-based tagging,' where we could go into old threads and help add tags, I think that would help. If we can, I'm not seeing that. Also, so far I only seem to see a tagging option when I'm creating a thread -- I can't go back into a thread I previously created and add additional tags. If I can, I don't know where that menu is. :)
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    Blackjack wrote: »
    f there was some way to have "community-based tagging,' where we could go into old threads and help add tags, I think that would help. If we can, I'm not seeing that. Also, so far I only seem to see a tagging option when I'm creating a thread -- I can't go back into a thread I previously created and add additional tags. If I can, I don't know where that menu is. :)

The author (or a moderator) can edit the original post in a discussion and add tags. It's part of the edit screen.

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND