Kill the Multiplayer category?

EngineNo9
EngineNo9

Since we are undergoing a huge format change anyway, I was wondering if this might be a good time to get rid of the Multiplayer/MMO forum being separated from the Console/PC one and just merge them?

I know when it was created there was a good reason for it with hundreds of WoW and other MMO game posts every day, but these days it is much more sedate and it seems like a lot of posts about new games there might get overlooked.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Rumpy
    Rumpy
    GT Member

Not to mention that now it's common to have MMOs on consoles now too, so lumping it all in there makes more sense now. Threads can perhaps just have an MMO title tag in them.

• uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager edited May 2017

@Rumpy said:
    Not to mention that now it's common to have MMOs on consoles now too, so lumping it all in there makes more sense now. Threads can perhaps just have an MMO title tag in them.

We might be able to do even more merging potentially- I'd trying to get actual tagging activated...

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• Rumpy
    Rumpy
    GT Member

Actual tagging would be a very nice addition. I still think tagging the actual title is a good idea, unless it would create search problems down the road, but maybe it's likely to just be redundant.

• uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager

@Rumpy we'd be able to sort by tag, etc. This theme is supposed to be out of the box ready for it, just gotta figure out the configuration

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• Rumpy
    Rumpy
    GT Member

Yeah, I knew what you meant. I meant that manually adding [MMO] or any other titles in the topic might become redundant with this new tagging system. And I don't know if doing that would actually confuse the system during a search with the new tagging. Guess we'll only know when tagging is active.

• uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    You can now use tags when starting a discussion

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    Multiplayer has been merged into Console / PC Gaming

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Can we get rid of some of the pinned posts at the top of the Video Games forum? The multiplayer merger brought several that haven't been touched in years and it's bothersome for an old man like me to have to scroll down to see the first posts.
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    coopasonic wrote: »
    Can we get rid of some of the pinned posts at the top of the Video Games forum? The multiplayer merger brought several that haven't been touched in years and it's bothersome for an old man like me to have to scroll down to see the first posts.

I just unpinned half of them, the others seemed like they could still be fairly relevant

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• coopasonic
    coopasonic
    GT Member
    Thanks!