Welcome to the new forum!

Knightshade_Dragon
Knightshade_Dragon

As you've noticed, we've launched the new forums. We are still doing a bit of construction, and there are some features that are still being adjusted. The theme, for one, is being worked on, and I'm trying to get our smileys into the list. YouTube integration, etc. is coming shortly.

Please don't be shy about your feedback - please let us know about your experiences, bad or good, and let's learn about our new home together. Welcome to the rebuilt GT forums.

Known Issues:
- Old posts do not propagate comments into the forums and visa versa. We are resolving that (hopefully this evening), but any NEW posts function properly.

Ron Burke
Editor in Chief
GAMING TREND

Xbox Gamertag: Gaming Trend
PS4 Tag: GamingTrend

Comments

• Knightshade_Dragon
    Knightshade_Dragon
    GT Manager

If you find that you are having issues getting into the forums, please email [email protected] and we'll help you out. :)

Ron Burke
    Editor in Chief
    GAMING TREND

Xbox Gamertag: Gaming Trend
    PS4 Tag: GamingTrend

• uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager

Just a head's up- be sure to check your spam filters for password reset emails. This has happened a few times

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager

Also, do understand that we are NOT going to achieve parity of functionality with the old forum. There will be trade-offs, and some functionality will just have to wait until we get our final forum theme online. The new functionality we get with the new forum should more than offset that, however. Also, integrated comments/forum posts!

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• Rumpy
    Rumpy
    GT Member

Shiny! Always like shiny new things :)

This will take some getting used to, but I think it works just fine so far.

I had to reset my password, and then I found the email in the spam folder when I thought It hadn't arrived.

• Victoria Raverna
    Victoria Raverna
    GT Member edited May 2017

Is there a way to change the width of the post area? With this new forum, seem like I'm wasting my screen width and only use a 1/4 of the total width. Kinda like facebook. Is there a way to adjust that?

• farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator edited May 2017

Today's (Tuesday) theme looks a lot better than it did yesterday. Thanks for all the hard work.

• MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member

So... the formatting codes are [i]completely[/I] different now? I don't recall ever seeing these particular codes before. Checked after seeing Farley's post. :/

Sorry, meant completely.

• MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member

Also hoping you'll get some navigation aids back down at the bottom of the pages, right now we have to scroll all the way back up to the top for that.

• uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager

@Victoria Raverna I'll look into that

@MonkeyFinger We have tried a number of things to enable BBcode, I have one more plugin I'm going to look at. That said, Markdown is pretty spiffy. I'll look into a 'back to top' link

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager

@MonkeyFinger said:
    Also hoping you'll get some navigation aids back down at the bottom of the pages, right now we have to scroll all the way back up to the top for that.

There is now a button that shows up at the bottom of the page. I will make it prettier soon :)

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager

@Victoria Raverna said:
    Is there a way to change the width of the post area? With this new forum, seem like I'm wasting my screen width and only use a 1/4 of the total width. Kinda like facebook. Is there a way to adjust that?

Unfortunately not without extensive retooling of the theme. However, there is this:

I realize that takes an additional action but it does give you a wider field to work with.

Mike Dunn
    GAMING TREND

• Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    What about jumping to new unseen posts? Am I blind, or it might be lack of coffee. But "This is Fun" thread would be dreadful to have to browse through ;)
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    You need to visit a thread once under the new forum software and then the old "New" functionality kicks in. Not really intuitive but when there are new posts in a topic you click on the subject to go to the first unseen post.
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    Thanks!
  • teggy
    teggy
    GT Member
    Hey, I signed into the forums and everything looks weird.
    just kidding
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member edited June 2017
    teggy wrote: »
    Hey, I signed into the forums and everything looks weird.
    just kidding

You look weird, Mr FriedEgg! :p