New Feature - Ignore People

Knightshade_Dragon
Knightshade_Dragon
edited May 2017 in Forum and Site Feedback
This was requested in the past, and I've enabled it with this upgrade. If you go to the upper left corner and hit the dropdown you'll be able to add people to your personal ignore list. Let's see how this goes. :)

Ron Burke
Editor in Chief
GAMING TREND

Xbox Gamertag: Gaming Trend
PS4 Tag: GamingTrend

Comments

• Caine
    Caine
    GT Member
    Does anyone know what this post was about? I can't see the OP :P
  • Knightshade_Dragon
    Knightshade_Dragon
    GT Manager
    on 1494343013:

Does anyone know what this post was about? I can't see the OP :P

Say Michael Caine out loud in Michael Caine's voice. You now sound like you've said "My Cocaine"

Enjoy that.

Ron Burke
    Editor in Chief
    GAMING TREND

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I see there is also some idea of a "Buddy List" that you can add people to when looking at their profile. Any idea what that's about?
  • Knightshade_Dragon
    Knightshade_Dragon
    GT Manager
    on 1494344796:

I see there is also some idea of a "Buddy List" that you can add people to when looking at their profile. Any idea what that's about?

Yep - Buddies will pop you a notification when the come online. It's not much, but it's there.

Ron Burke
    Editor in Chief
    GAMING TREND

• Punisher
    Punisher
    GT Member
    So, how does it actually work? Will we see that the person posted, but not actually see the body of the post?
  • Knightshade_Dragon
    Knightshade_Dragon
    GT Manager
    Good question. I dunno! I just added you to my buddy list. Post and we'll see. :)

Ron Burke
    Editor in Chief
    GAMING TREND

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    on 1494358808:

So, how does it actually work? Will we see that the person posted, but not actually see the body of the post?

I just added you to my Ignore list as a test, and I still see your post but it's empty other than saying I ignore you with a link to show the hidden text (as seen below). And hitting Quote I automatically see the content of your post.
    vmxo3yB.jpg
  • Punisher
    Punisher
    GT Member
    Guess that answers it.. Good to know you have the option of seeing individual messages by people you blocked.
    Doubt I'll ever need the function, but other people might.
  • Blackjack
    Blackjack
    GT Member
    It would be funny if we all chose to "ignore everyone." :D Hmmmmm.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    on 1494465459:

Guess that answers it.. Good to know you have the option of seeing individual messages by people you blocked.

Yeah, I don't think we really have anyone around here that is a trouble maker, troll or "trigger" poster anymore. But I guess it's nice to know that if someone shows up at least this feature is better designed than just not seeing that anybody had posted at all.
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    on 1494519502:

on 1494465459:

Yeah, I don't think we really have anyone around here that is a trouble maker, troll or "trigger" poster anymore. But I guess it's nice to know that if someone shows up at least this feature is better designed than just not seeing that anybody had posted at all.

No, I'm here from time to time. :/