Fire Emblem Heroes

rittchard
rittchard
edited January 2017 in Portable Gaming Apps
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/18/fire-emblem-heroes-announced-for-mobile

Cautiously optimistic about this one. The single screen maps seem to be very limiting but I guess we'll just have to see how it actually plays out.

Comments

• farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    I will be grabbing it tomorrow and give it a try.
  • katamaris4ever
    katamaris4ever
    GT Editor
    Still isn't out on Android.
    C'mon Nintendo!
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    Finally out in the US iOS Store!

First impressions: graphics are really cute and attractive, both the larger anime style drawings as well as the smaller characters.

Still in the tutorial phase, so no comment on the gameplay. The map size is a little larger than I imagined, but I still feel like it will really limit things when they increase the amount of characters on the map.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Got it on the Play store around 4pm CST.

Plays like Fire Emblem. Loving it so far.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    on 1486073781:

Plays like Fire Emblem. Loving it so far.

Played through the first few missions, and this definitely has a "bite size" Fire Emblem feel, perfect for a phone screen, but perhaps less so for a tablet. Obviously this has been designed for the "on the go" mobile market and given that constraint, they've done a really nice job.

Thus far IAP seems completely unobtrusive, and I haven't seen any ads of yet. I went searching for IAP and they don't seem to be very necessary at all. Still waiting to see where they hit, it's gotta come sooner or later doesn't it?
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum
    GT Member
    I got this yesterday and played for a bit. I still don't know half of what is going on, but seems decent so far. The small maps certainly do limit the strategy and so far the game has been pretty easy. I haven't tried the Duel aspect yet, so I didn't really understand the limited instructions about it. Is that a multiplayer thing?
  • Dante Rising
    Dante Rising
    GT Member
    waaaaay too easy. Out.
  • Canuck
    Canuck
    GT Member
    It does have potential but right now it's ridiculously easy (I don't bother with any strategy, just attack whoever's closest) and the map is cramped as hell and the story is pure shit. It did get me to finally fire up Awakenings though. Holy shit, why in the hell am I playing this smartphone game when I could be playing Awakenings!?
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    on 1486304558:

It does have potential but right now it's ridiculously easy (I don't bother with any strategy, just attack whoever's closest) and the map is cramped as hell and the story is pure shit. It did get me to finally fire up Awakenings though. Holy shit, why in the hell am I playing this smartphone game when I could be playing Awakenings!?

lol! Yeah they missed a great opportunity here. I love the graphics and concept, and don't care too much that the story is lame. But the cramped maps make for very limited strategy, and makes ranged characters kind of pointless. Every battle it seems like my 2 ranged guys get slaughtered and then I have to fall back on my 2 melee dudes. So I try leveling the ranged guys with bonus shit, but they still do worthless damage. I would just dump them but they are both cute.