Android game recommendations under $5?

katamaris4ever
katamaris4ever
edited September 2016 in Portable Gaming Apps
So I wanted to download one or two pick up or play games since I realized the only ones I have require online capabilities, and I'd rather just have a small game to play here and there. I really enjoy text based games on mobile (such as Reigns and Hatoful Boyfriend), or choose your own adventure type ones, like the Organ Trail (the zombie version of the Oregon Trail haha) or Ryan North's To Be or Not To Be. Preferably something that's on sale or under $5. Thanks!

Comments

• EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    My tastes may not run the same as yours, and I don't play many choose your own adventure type text games, so take these with a grain of salt.

The Kairosoft games are all amazing if you like sim/management type games at all. Game Dev Story was the first one on mobile and was really excellent, but Dungeon Village, Grand Prix Story, Kairobotica, Mega Mall Story, etc were all good from what I tried. I think most of them even have free Lite versions to try, but they were well worth a few dollars to me.

Have you tried any of the Rayman games? Jungle Run and Fiesta Run are quite great runners and look really nice. I imagine they are similar to what the new Mario mobile game will be, transitioning a typical platformer game into a single button input. I don't remember how much they were to purchase at the time.

Triple Town was fun and I think has a free version. AlphaBear by the same developer got a lot of acclaim.

Some others to look into and see if they interest you: Super Stickman Golf, 10 More Bullets, Crossy Road, Desert Golfing, Plague Inc, Prune. That's what I can think of off the top of my head.
  • MonkeyFinger
    MonkeyFinger
    GT Member
    Check out the Steve Jackson's Sorcery! series noted here, they're not just on iOS and are on sale for $.99 at the moment.
  • katamaris4ever
    katamaris4ever
    GT Editor
    on 1474060885:

My tastes may not run the same as yours, and I don't play many choose your own adventure type text games, so take these with a grain of salt.

The Kairosoft games are all amazing if you like sim/management type games at all. Game Dev Story was the first one on mobile and was really excellent, but Dungeon Village, Grand Prix Story, Kairobotica, Mega Mall Story, etc were all good from what I tried. I think most of them even have free Lite versions to try, but they were well worth a few dollars to me.

Have you tried any of the Rayman games? Jungle Run and Fiesta Run are quite great runners and look really nice. I imagine they are similar to what the new Mario mobile game will be, transitioning a typical platformer game into a single button input. I don't remember how much they were to purchase at the time.

Triple Town was fun and I think has a free version. AlphaBear by the same developer got a lot of acclaim.

Some others to look into and see if they interest you: Super Stickman Golf, 10 More Bullets, Crossy Road, Desert Golfing, Plague Inc, Prune. That's what I can think of off the top of my head.

Thanks! I loved the Kairosoft games back when I had an iOS device, maybe I'll buy a newer game soon! I'm eyeing the Rayman ones right now, they look pretty neat :)
  • Lordnine
    Lordnine
    GT Member
    If you haven't checked out Monument Valley yet, that is one of my favorite mobile games. MC Escher inspired visuals in a charming puzzle game. It's also only 99 cents right now.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    It's also worth taking a look at the Humble Mobile Bundles, you can usually get a ton of games for $5 total.

Their boardgame sale just ended, but here is the current sale (I'm not as familiar with any of these games, so ymmv):
    https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile/handy-games-mobile-bundle
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Gamezebo is keeping a list of all Black Friday sales for mobile titles. Not sure how many are Android, but it might be worth keeping an eye on.
  • katamaris4ever
    katamaris4ever
    GT Editor
    Thanks for the help everyone! I'll check out the Kairosoft games (haven't played them since Game Dev Story). Triple town was pretty neat too :D
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    on 1481724423:

Thanks for the help everyone! I'll check out the Kairosoft games (haven't played them since Game Dev Story). Triple town was pretty neat too :D

Kairosoft games are far more miss than hit for me, but I adored Dungeon Village. I think that's the name...it's the one where you run a fantasy RPG town.