[PS4, XB1, PC] Battlefield 1 (aka ATB's personal game log)

Comments

• Blackjack
    Blackjack
    GT Member
    What I'd be interested in is observations on whether players are really working together as teams or squads? Or is everyone running around like a chicken with their head cut off, no rhyme or reason? It was the latter for me mostly during the open beta, but certainly maybe that was just people getting used to the game and experimenting or what not.

And are there actual battles or is everyone snipe-shot and blown up barely beyond their spawn points all the time? Which again was a lot of my experience but maybe as players get used to the game, there's more variety... and hope. :icon_smile:
  • Caine
    Caine
    GT Member
    The good teams do work together, at least in most of the games I've played. Keeping your team ammo and health are just as important as your k/d ratio. The biggest flaw I've come across is the immediate push to the next objective, leaving the one you just capped defenseless.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  • leo8877
    leo8877
    GT Member
    on 1477692208:

What I'd be interested in is observations on whether players are really working together as teams or squads? Or is everyone running around like a chicken with their head cut off, no rhyme or reason? It was the latter for me mostly during the open beta, but certainly maybe that was just people getting used to the game and experimenting or what not.

And are there actual battles or is everyone snipe-shot and blown up barely beyond their spawn points all the time? Which again was a lot of my experience but maybe as players get used to the game, there's more variety... and hope. :icon_smile:

I've had pretty good success with randoms in a squad working together and most games I can get into a full squad of 5 no problems. The one thing I don't see much of is support dropping ammo. I play as a medic a lot and am constantly dropping healing. Support rarely drop ammo from my experience.

I also second Caine's observation that most groups will cap and move to next without holding. Combat is definitely fluid across maps, at least in Conquest mode.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Well, I'm loving the multiplayer. Between this and Titanfall 2, I realize that what I need in MP is objective-based play. I tend to be able to actually make a mark there.

When I tried the deathmatch mode in Battlefield, for example, I didn't do very well, but in all the other modes, I can usually get into the top third, at least, and often better than that.

I finally got in a session of the campaign-style multiplayer mode and really enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting thematic historical flavor vids, so that was awesome.

And I played Pigeon, which I was expecting to be a little bit of fluff, but I really enjoyed it. Reminded me of the catch the Ysalamir game from Star Wars Jedi Knight (which itself was based on a Catch the Chicken mode in Outlaws, IIRC). It's really a mad scramble for the bird, and then making sure the person carrying it doesn't get to a hidden corner where they can scribble a note down and send it off. Even then, you can shoot the bird out of the sky (which is very satisfying).

Here are some random thoughts on multiplayer:

I'm in love with the way the lady says, "Apples" and will always try to save that location if it gets overrun.

I hate that if you spend any time at all looking over the results at the end of a match, you lose the chance to exit the game and have to wait for the next one to load.

I seem to be unable to find the medal progress stuff if I'm not in a game. And the progress information should really list how far along you are in achieving the goal (for example, I know I got 8/10 flags captured in a single Conquest mode last night, but if that had been over several games, I would have no idea how many more I need). Unless I'm supposed to pull those off in a single match (though there are some requirements that specifically say this, so I'm assuming not).

The menu system seems a little more obtuse than I would like. There are some screens where I can see things I've unlocked, but can't do anything with them.

I really like the videos that you can access and that pop up from time to time on the home screen. That's a fantastic idea. However, I hate the waffle smiley-faced guy. He is just too amused by his non-amusing self.
  • Blackjack
    Blackjack
    GT Member
    on 1477924835:

I've had pretty good success with randoms in a squad working together and most games I can get into a full squad of 5 no problems. The one thing I don't see much of is support dropping ammo. I play as a medic a lot and am constantly dropping healing. Support rarely drop ammo from my experience.
    Interesting.

Yeah slightly different, but what I found with the ammo pack in Helldivers and the Support class's ammo backpack in Killing Floor 2 is most other players either find ammo other ways or just don't care to bother to benefit from your ammo pack so they ignore you. Which is why I feel equipping those items/perks in those games is kinda useless.

I guess in BF1 maybe they're too busy gunning to bother ammo-dropping. :icon_smile:

Thanks for sharing the on the ground observations, guys. :icon_smile:
  • Blackjack
    Blackjack
    GT Member
    on 1479241130:
    So what are "tickets"? I just don't remember encountering the term during the public beta. Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention? :retard:
  • leo8877
    leo8877
    GT Member
    on 1479262164:

on 1479241130:
    So what are "tickets"? I just don't remember encountering the term during the public beta. Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention? :retard:

AFAIK it's the "score" in game. Your tickets are the score for your team as you play.
  • naednek
    naednek
    GT Moderator
    on 1479320933:

on 1479262164:

on 1479241130:

AFAIK it's the "score" in game. Your tickets are the score for your team as you play.

YOu must have never played any of the BF games :P It's been around since BF1942 :P
  • Blackjack
    Blackjack
    GT Member
    Thanks. No argument, man -- I hadn't played a Battlefield game (unless you count the recent SW Battlefront) since BF1942. I was dialup then and really never played its MP then.

I checked my BF1 beta screenshots and just never saw the actual label "ticket" anywhere. I think in retrospect that's what the little numbers were here and there on the map indicating various points of interest. So I think I get it now. Took 14 years! :icon_razz:

Anyway, I already know the game's not for me, so don't worry about my stupid self cluttering up BF1. :icon_smile:
  • ATB
    ATB
    GT Member
    Absolutely in love with this game. It put Gears 4 on the shelf (well actually Gears 4 put Gears 4 on the shelf) and stopped me from even considering COD:IW (well actually COD:IW stopped me from considering COD:IW).

And today. Well today:

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
    :bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: [size=72pt]2.0[/size] :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown:
    :bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown:
    :nod: :paranoid: :icon_lol: :eek: :nod: :paranoid: :icon_lol: :eek: :nod: :paranoid: :icon_lol: :eek: :nod: :paranoid: :icon_lol: :eek: :nod: :paranoid: :icon_lol: :eek: :nod: :paranoid: :icon_lol: :eek: :nod: :paranoid: :icon_lol: :eek: :nod: :paranoid: :icon_lol: :eek:
    :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
    :headbang: :headbang: :headbang3: :headbang: :headbang::headbang: :headbang: :headbang3: :headbang: :headbang::headbang: :headbang: :headbang3: :headbang: :headbang::headbang: :headbang: :headbang3: :headbang: :headbang::headbang: :headbang: :headbang3: :headbang: :headbang::headbang: :headbang: :headbang3: :headbang: :headbang::headbang: :headbang:
    :highfive: :drinking: :highfive: :drinking: :highfive: :hbang: :hbang: :hbang: :hbang: :highfive: :drinking: :highfive: :drinking: :highfive::drinking: :highfive::drinking: :highfive::drinking: :highfive::drinking:
  • ATB
    ATB
    GT Member
    Approaching 100 hours:

Flags Capped: 1,439
    Flags Defended: 1,404
    K/D: 2.03 (new personal best)
    SPM: 725.99 (new personal best)
    KPM: 1.13 (new personal best)
    Skill: 389.85 (new personal best)
    6,738 Kills
    W/L: 189 - 107

Top Class: Support (two words: unlimited ammo)
    Top weapon: Benet Mercie Storm, 2,246
    Top vehicle: F-17 Light Flanker Tank 1,040
    Vehicle Kills %age as part of total kills: 15.4%

All time high in a match: 20,000+
    All time high in kills (conquest only): 50
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    When I get my XBox One S set up, I'll be joining the fray. Might be around New Year's, as there are plenty of other projects from Christmas gifts to accomplish in terms of furniture construction and moving.
  • ATB
    ATB
    GT Member
    125 hours:

Flags Capped: 1,924 (+489)
    Flags Defended: 1,861 (+457)
    K/D: 2.18 (new personal best)
    SPM: 783.58 (new personal best)
    KPM: 1.2 (new personal best)
    Skill: 500.84 (new personal best)
    9,023 kills (+2,285)
    4,140 deaths (+-,---)
    W/L: 242(+53) - 129 (+22)
    252 Assists
    585 Headshots
    231.41 Longest Headshot

Top weapon: Benet Mercie Storm, 2,246
    Top vehicle: F-17 Light Flanker Tank 1,757 (+717)
    Vehicle Kills %age as part of total kills: 20.5% (+5.1%)

All time scoring high in a match: 28,825(49-0 on Sinai)
    All time high in kills (conquest only): 71 (had a flanker tank masterpiece on Empire's Edge. Went 71-0. Under constant heavy assault and was down to single digit health multiple times)
    Longest killstreak: 71 (see above :nod:)

Notes:

* Added an SSD drive on my birthday and now I'm the first one loaded into each match. Thus I have the pick of vehicles and almost always choose the flanker tank- hence the huge jump in K/D and Vehicle kills.
    * Love the new Giant's Shadow map
    * Have shifted 100% from the Benet Mercie to the MG15. The drum size makes it too appealing of a gun to have to deal with a 25 round belt like on the BM. Great gun, but the MG is just too good.
    * Using the Autimatico on my Assault build.
    * Don't care for any of the level 10 gun unlocks so far...
  • ATB
    ATB
    GT Member
    154 hours:

Flags Capped: 2,366 (+442)
    Flags Defended: 2,327 (466)
    K/D: 2.3 (+.12 new personal best)
    SPM: 815.47 (+31.89, new personal best)
    KPM: 1.23 (+ .03, new personal best)
    Skill: 457.03 (500.84 pb)
    11,340 (+2,317)
    4,933 (+793)
    K/D since last period: 2.92
    W/L:306 (+64) - 158 (+29)
    Assists: 300 (+48)
    Headshots: 747 (+162)
    Longest Headshot: 321.42 (+90.01)

Top weapon: Benet Mercie Storm, 2,246 (no change)
    Top vehicle: F-17 Light Flanker Tank 2,193 (+436)
    Tank Kills %age as part of total kills: 19.3% (-1.2% )
    Calvary Kills: 453
    Calvary Kills @age as part of total kills: 4%

All time high in kills (conquest only): 71 (had a flanker tank masterpiece on Empire's Edge. Went 71-0. Under constant heavy assault and was down to single digit health multiple times)
    Longest killstreak: 71 (see above nod)

Notes:

* Have discovered and become complete enamored with Calvary. Playing on horseback is an absolute blast, hence the new stat lines.
    * I often start as calvary and then race to the Elite kits, grab those and then get back on the horse. It's like a super villain team up of the two most powerful infantry classes in the game.
  • ATB
    ATB
    GT Member
    I have played exactly 500 matches of BF1.

W/L: 336-164
    K/D 2.32
    Kills Per Match: 24.73
    Deaths Per Match: 10.68
    Highest Kill Streak: 71
  • ATB
    ATB
    GT Member
    175 Hours

Flags Capped: 2,706 (+340)
    Flags Defended: 2,721 (+394)
    K/D: 2.34 (+.04 new personal best; all time Battlefiled K/D Best)
    SPM: 840.65 (+25.18, new personal best)
    KPM: 1.26 (+ .03, new personal best)
    Skill: 415.27(500.84 pb)
    Kills: 13,258 (+1,918)
    Deaths: 5,667 (+734)
    K/D since last period: 2.61
    W/L:359 (+53) - 174 (+16)
    Assists: 338 (+38)
    Headshots: 887 (+140)
    Longest Headshot: 380.63 (+59.21)

Top weapon: Benet Mercie Storm, 2,246 (no change)
    Top vehicle: F-17 Light Flanker Tank 2,501 (+255)
    Tank Kills %age as part of total kills: 18.8% (-.5% )
    Calvary Kills: 670 (+217)
    Calvary Kills @age as part of total kills: 5% (+1%)

Kills Per Match: 24.87 (+)
    Deaths Per Match:10.63 (-)

Notes:

* Leveled Calvary to 10 and have unlocked the white horse. Calvary is still my favorite part of the game.
    * Have 17 of 34 medals.
  • Caine
    Caine
    GT Member
    Played a bit of this in the back to basics mode. For anyone who complained of how every gun feels more like WW2, this is the mode to play. You are limited to a small handful of weapons, mostly bolt action. There are limited number of vehicles and the game is a lot more infantry focused again. Played a lot of it Saturday night with a small group of friends and had a lot of fun.
  • Blackjack
    Blackjack
    GT Member
    on 1485736868:

Played a bit of this in the back to basics mode. For anyone who complained of how every gun feels more like WW2, this is the mode to play. You are limited to a small handful of weapons, mostly bolt action. There are limited number of vehicles and the game is a lot more infantry focused again. Played a lot of it Saturday night with a small group of friends and had a lot of fun.
    Sounds neat.

If they'd have set up servers that didn't allow sniper rifles, I might've gotten the game. But I'm a wuss at these things and realized all I'd ever do is keep getting shot in the face before I'd barely even moved, as was happening during my public beta experience. :icon_smile:
  • ATB
    ATB
    GT Member
    199 Hours

Flags Capped: 3,099 (+393)
    Flags Defended: 2,721 (+406)
    K/D: 2.38 (+.04 new personal best; all time Battlefiled K/D Best)
    SPM: 866.78 (+26.13, new personal best)
    KPM: 1.28 (+ .02, new personal best)
    Skill: 397.6 (500.84 pb)
    Kills: 15,336 (+2078)
    Deaths: 6,446 (+779)
    K/D since last period: 2.66
    W/L:420 (+61) - 174 (+17)
    Assists: 401 (+63)
    Headshots: 1008 (+121)
    Longest Headshot: 380.63

Top weapon: MG15 n.A. Storm (2,324)
    Top vehicle: F-17 Light Flanker Tank 2,843 (+342)
    Tank Kills %age as part of total kills: 18.5% (-.3% )
    Calvary Kills: 1109 (+439)
    Calvary Kills @age as part of total kills: 7% (+2%)

Kills Per Match: 25.1 (+.23)
    Deaths Per Match:10.54 (-.09)

Notes:

* Calvary is so much fun.
    * Have 20 of 34 medals.
    * Excited for new maps
  • JayDee
    JayDee
    GT Member
    Four months in and I can't stop playing this game. Best game of this generation for me and getting close to being Top 5 games I've played all time. Just a masterpiece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • ATB
    ATB
    GT Member
    220 Hours

Flags Capped: 3,470 (+371)
    Flags Defended: 3,549
    K/D: 2.41 (+.03 new personal best; all time Battlefield K/D Best)
    SPM: 908.79 (+42.01, new personal best)
    KPM: 1.31 (+.03, new personal best)
    Skill: 502.27 (new pb)
    Kills: 17,337 (+2001)
    Deaths: 7,201(+755)
    K/D since last period: 2.65
    W/L:477 (+57) - 208 (+34)
    Assists: 449 (+48)
    Headshots: 1,141 (+133)

Top weapon: MG15 n.A. Storm (3,003)
    Top vehicle: F-17 Light Flanker Tank 3,107 (+264)/
    Tank Kills %age as part of total kills: 17.9% (-.6% )
    Calvary Kills: 1474 (+365)
    Calvary Kills @age as part of total kills: 8.5% (+1.5%)

Kills Per Match: 25.3 (+.2)
    Deaths Per Match:10.51 (-.03)

Notes:

* Going for Elite on Benet Mercie. Forgot how accurate that gun is.
    * Calvary is still my favorite thing about the game.
    * Have 39 of 54 medals.
    * Excited for new maps
  • ATB
    ATB
    GT Member
    on 1488736286:

Four months in and I can't stop playing this game. Best game of this generation for me and getting close to being Top 5 games I've played all time. Just a masterpiece.

It really is a great time. Did you get premium?
  • JayDee
    JayDee
    GT Member
    on 1489087480:
    on 1488736286:

It really is a great time. Did you get premium?

I did!! Played Frontlines today. That mode is intense and pure chaos. The new Operations seems decent as well. Only got to play the first map of it before I had to go. Working on the new gun unlocks at the moment.
  • JayDee
    JayDee
    GT Member
    Ok, the RSC medic gun is my new favourite thing ever. Worth the price of the DLC alone, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • ATB
    ATB
    GT Member
    299 Hours? Somewhere around 230 it suddenly jumped up by about 40 hours. I've not been playing as much as I used to, so not sure what happened with the hours tracking...

Flags Capped: 4,488 (+1018)
    Flags Defended: 4527 (+978)
    K/D: 2.52 (+.11 new personal best; all time Battlefield K/D Best)
    SPM: 1066.4 (+157.61, new personal best)
    KPM: 1.25 (-.06, 1.31 pb)
    Skill: 604.27 (new pb)
    Kills: 22,412 (+5075)
    Deaths: 8,910 (+1709)
    K/D since last period: 2.96
    W/L:607 (+130) - 271 (+63)
    Assists: 582 (+133)
    Headshots: 1,445 (+304)

Top weapon: MG15 n.A. Storm (3,431)
    Top vehicle: F-17 Light Flanker Tank 3,410 (+303)
    Tank Kills %age as part of total kills: 21.0 (+ 3.1%)
    Calvary Kills: 2,222 (+748)
    Calvary Kills @age as part of total kills:10% (+1.5%)

All time scoring high in a match: 32,708 (+3883), (37-1 on St. Quentin Scar)

Kills Per Match: 25.52 (+.22)
    Deaths Per Match:10.14 (-.37)

Notes:

* New assault tank is a joy to play hence the huge bump in tank kills
    * Have been playing mostly base game maps
    * All of my friends stopped playing after the new maps came out.

• ATB
    ATB
    GT Member
    From May 22. Old Board:

330 Hours. Almost to a 1,000 matches. :O

Flags Capped: 5062 (+574)
    Flags Defended: 5009 (+482)
    K/D: 2.53 (+.01 new personal best; all time Battlefield K/D Best)
    SPM: 1124.09 (+57.69, new personal best)
    KPM: 1.26 (+.01, 1.31 pb)
    Skill: 539.01 (604.27 pb)
    Kills: 25,011 (+2599)
    Deaths: 9,873 (+963)
    K/D since last period: 2.69
    W/L:673 (+67) - 293 (+22)
    Assists: 654 582 (+72)
    Headshots: 1601 (+156)

Top weapon: MG15 n.A. Storm (3,479)
    Top vehicle: F-17 Light Flanker Tank 3,410
    Tank Kills %age as part of total kills: 21.6 (+ .6%)
    Calvary Kills: 2,545 (+323)
    Calvary Kills @age as part of total kills:10.2% (+.2%)

Kills Per Match: 25.89 (+.37)
    Deaths Per Match:10.22 (+.08)

Notes:

*Still playing the new assault tank exclusively when I tanker
    *Been using the Madsen MG. Really like it
    *Been trying the hellreigel for the first time. Pretty good gun
    *Limpet mines are a hoot
  • Blackjack
    Blackjack
    GT Member
    I wonder if Wonder Woman's success will also help bring WWI back into "vogue" again as far as a setting for stories.... and games. Maybe BF1 will gain from it too. :)
  • ATB
    ATB
    GT Member
    402 Hours.

Flags Capped: 6309 (+1247)
    Flags Defended: 6045 (+1036)
    K/D: 2.51 (+.02; 2.54 pb)
    SPM: 1272.11 (+148.02, new personal best)
    KPM: 1.27 (+.01, 1.31 pb)
    Skill: 503.73.(604.27 pb)
    Kills: 30,533 (+5522)
    Deaths: 12,162 (+2289)
    K/D since last period: 2.4
    W/L: 816 (+143) - 356 (+63)
    Assists:828 654 (+174)
    Headshots: 1994 1601 (+393)

Top weapon: MG15 n.A. Storm (3,548)
    Top vehicle: F-17 Light Flanker Tank 3,416
    Tank Kills %age as part of total kills: 20.6 (- 1.0)
    Calvary Kills: 3032 (+487)
    Calvary Kills @age as part of total kills:10% (-.2%)

Kills Per Match: 26.05 (+.16)
    Deaths Per Match: 10.37 (+.15)

Notes:

*Spent a lot of time trying to get dog tags for other weapons and this explains the drop in K/D and the huge jump in losses
    * Deaths per match went up an equal amount as kills per match for the same reason
    *New maps have been very good. Excited for Russian DLC in September
  • ATB
    ATB
    GT Member edited August 2017
    426 Hours.

Flags Capped: 6,732 (+423)
    Flags Defended: 6,419 (+374)
    K/D: 2.54 (+.03; 2.54 pb)
    SPM: 1305.31 (+33.2, new personal best)
    KPM: 1.27 (1.31 pb)
    Skill: 433.41 (604.27 pb)
    Kills: 32,460 (+1927)
    Deaths: 12,773 (+611)
    K/D since last period: 3.15
    W/L: 858 (+42) - 356 (+25)
    Assists: 944 (+116)
    Headshots: 2,114 (+120)

Top weapon: MG15 n.A. Storm (3,548)
    Top vehicle: F-17 Light Flanker Tank 3,426
    Tank Kills %age as part of total kills: 20.3 (- .3)
    Calvary Kills: 3387 (+325)
    Calvary Kills @age as part of total kills:10.4% (-.4%)3

Kills Per Match: 26.73 (+.68)
    Deaths Per Match: 10.52 (+.15)

Notes:

* Returned to my usual way of playing and recovered my overall KD. Also KD for this period was 3.15!
    * Have been focusing on sniper class with the Gewehr M95 rifle. Having a hoot. Wish the game tracked spot assists
    * Had some absolute dog teams this pass hence the bigger loss percentage
    *Excited for Russian DLC in September