[TV] The Walking Dead Season 8 (Careful there will be Spoilers!)

167891012»

Comments

• Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    uxFOOL wrote: »
    Finally caught up on recorded episodes last night.

The whole "zombie guts as a weapon" thing is ridiculous for two reasons

1. Several times people on the show have disguised themselves and been able to walk among the zombies by covering themselves with zombie viscera. I guess we're supposed to believe that at no point during those instances did they have any kind of cut, scrape, sore, or any sort of opening in their skin at all. Dumb.
    2. Not mention the fact that it was determined early on ~with Shane's death, no less~ that EVERYBODY already has whatever turns them into zombies inside of them.

Now, I understand that this plot element is very loosely adapted from the comic, but the fact that #2 isn't a fact in the comic seems to have escaped the showrunners at this point.

My interest in the show is hanging by a thread at this point. One more stinker episode or lame plot twist and I'm finally out.

This was also my rant, earlier in the thread.

It was sort of determined that everyone's infected even earlier, because that's what was whispered at the CDC at the end of the first season (though I guess the audience didn't really find that out until around the time of Shane's death - I'd forgotten that).

• rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member edited March 27
    If you've got time read this review, it echoes much of what we all said and it's pretty hilariously written:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/03/25/the-walking-dead-season-8-episode-13-review-kill-the-extras/#5026ecc01ce3

As lame as the "poison" plan was in context of other things we've seen, I was willing to forgive it in that it's really the first time in the show's history where we have a "war" against a villain hell bent on slaughtering everyone maliciously. The governor came close but there was less "strategy" involved since it was essentially just 1 or 2 big fights. I think with the Saviours the intent is to give viewers the sense of a larger scale and more prolonged war with multiple battles, and multiple wins/losses and allies/betrayals, etc. I think this was to make it seem like there are actually tactics and planing involved instead of just randomly running from site to site and fighting.

The problem is it's clear these writers just aren't up to the task to pull off such a larger scale of show. I'm not saying it's easy, even Game of Thrones has had trouble once the scale gets too large. But this show really isn't geared for this kind of plotline, they've always been the best when they could focus in on a few characters and more personal stories. I know they wanted to follow the All Out War storyline from the comics (which btw was a full 12 issue arc plus intro and closing so it ran over the course of a full year IIRC), but I think they would have been better served keeping it smaller scale. As an example, they certainly didn't need things like both the trash people and the fish ladies. One of those was more than enough, or they could have kept it even simpler and just dumped both. The more they added, the more they probably realized they'd have to subtract, and then you end up with this kind of "kill the extras" scenario if you don't plan it well.

I'm starting to lose faith in the show as well, but I'll keep watching just because I love to torture myself, and really there's still nothing else like this on TV.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Yep, that Forbes article sums it up. Actually, I read a few articles tonight, and they all seem to hit on the same stupid points.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member edited April 2
    Much more entertaining episode last night, though still a bit perplexing and inconsistent, and at least one huge edit fail.

The first big theme: kids!

First up is Henry. After a horrible showing last week (don't blame the kid, blame the writers for turning him into a plot device), his storyline drives the bulk of the episode. Rick and Morgan go on what can only be considered a murderous rampage. The excuse being... uhh I guess Rick hasn't read Carl's letter yet so he is still in revenge mode. Morgan is just flat out bonkers, also apparently because after his son was gone, he had no more moral fiber (except for the entire season of annoying "no kill Morgan" which these writers have apparently decided to erase). Carol is guilted by Ezekiel into looking for him and facing her own issues with letting herself care for a kid again. BTW I love how he just criticizes her instead of going off to look himself lol. Overall a picky person would say the writing is kind of a mess, but all of this made for some entertaining moments, so I guess I can forgive it. Rick flat out lying to and then slaughtering the "good" Saviours was pretty brutal and really inconsistent with the character. I presume there will be some repercussions.

Secondary plot: Negan vs T'Pol (aka WTF WTF WTF)

I was really looking forward to this. Negan gets some great scenes here talking about Lucille and as everyone has been expecting, showing his human side. This is "easy peasy" acting for him, it's his bread and butter (see Grey's Anatomy). He does it so well you can't fault the writers for making Negan seem just a little sappy. Either way it is damn hot and fun to see him all tied up and helpless for once. Just wish he had been in his underwear like Rick had been, that was a poor inconsistency lol. The problem is we have no idea what T'Pol was doing/thinking, was she offering him as a sacrifice or trade to escape? She clearly has ties with the helicopter people as she constantly checks her watch so she knows what time they are coming and has flares to signal them. But thanks to EDIT FAIL, we have no idea what the intent was, since they cut from Negan inching his way to... something to suddenly having her photos and a live flare? WTF? I guess he grabbed it all out of her suitcase? Speaking of which, they throw in another Lost moment, with T'Pol sleeping in a beautiful little pristine bunker for yet another WTF plotline. These writers clearly watched a lot of Lost, and are in love with this character/actress for some reason. Normally I eat up this kind of shit but somehow it just seems egregious here. Ooh let's throw in some more incongruous stuff that's totally out of place to confuse everyone!!! Next time maybe we'll see she has a Nintendo Switch or something.

While I completely enjoyed the interplay between the two actors, the overall writing was just annoying upon retrospect. If they give us a good explanation (maybe she's defected military or something?) maybe this will be forgivable.

Anyway, here's a great article about all the things they could/should do to get the show back on track:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/03/31/can-the-walking-dead-ever-get-back-to-the-good-old-days/#3bd2abbabde8
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    I had the same thought about the writers skipping over Morgan's Zen Period, not to mention Carol's Psychotic Child-Training and Child-Murdering School. But maybe Carol is still in a mental whirl because that guy-whose-name-was-something-and-they-had-a-thing-sort-of died in the ninja zombie attack last week as the head ninja zombie.

Negan vs T'Pol should actually be aka WTS WTS WTS because that's what Negan said over and over. It was amusing the first time, but it lost its charm immediately after.

The thing I was looking forward to in that pairing was having Negan call out T'Pol for her ridiculous fucking way of talking that she just flat out dropped. That would have been in character for him.

I'm not sure that a better edit would have shown us what the intent was with the flares and the helicopter (or with Negan). That was meant to be mysterious. However, I agree that this was a bad edit, for a number of reasons. Negan just happened to wheel himself to where she happened to be storing these pictures and that flare? Without being able to see the pictures (given where his grabbing hands were in relation to his seeing eyes), he grabbed them because he assumed they were a thing of leverage? Even if all of this wasn't stupid, it takes two hands to use a flare. On top of that, I have been burned by a flare when I had full mobility, and it hurts like a motherfucker. Consequently, I was nervously distracted through that entire scene and the nervousness escalated when they started wrestling with the damned thing. But why did she need to wrestle the tied up guy for it, anyway? Just wheel him away from the pics, step on his arm and take the damned thing.

I thought we might get some interesting stuff between the two characters (even though I'm still not a T'Pol fan, though I'm enjoying her much more now without her stupid haircut and inane language butchery), but in the end, despite the buildup, nothing happened. Nothing was learned. Nothing was gained. Nothing was lost. At most, Negan learned that somethingsomething helicopter. But we already knew somethingsomething helicopter, so for us it's now just somethingsomething helicopter and flare.

Maybe I'm wrong, but at one point, it sounded like they looped in the same crying audio when T'Pol was outside from when she was alone in her fancy Ikea Room.

And speaking of that Ikea Room, how the hell is anyone in this world able to have clean white sheets, let alone a person living in a junk yard?!?!
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    Thought it was a pretty garbage episode, about to give up on the series...

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• Jimmy the Fish
    Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member
    Well. On the other hand, Fear the Walking Dead is starting up very soon. It looks to be the better WD series from the looks of the previews. At least that series isn't shackled by the comic book and the absurdities from the Gimple/Nicotero/Kirkman circle jerk.
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    Well. On the other hand, Fear the Walking Dead is starting up very soon. It looks to be the better WD series from the looks of the previews. At least that series isn't shackled by the comic book and the absurdities from the Gimple/Nicotero/Kirkman circle jerk.

I didn't last past the first season of that show. Hated ~every~ character so much. I hear it's gotten better but I don't know if I want to go back to season 2 and slog through any more of it

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    uxFOOL wrote: »

I didn't last past the first season of that show. Hated ~every~ character so much. I hear it's gotten better but I don't know if I want to go back to season 2 and slog through any more of it

The first season of FTWD was torture, I wanted every character to die. Season 2 was a little better but not a whole lot. Season 3 picked up quite a bit and by mid-season you could argue it was the better written of the two shows. If you are interested in catching up, I'd say watch maybe the last two episodes of S2, then go onto S3. If you just want to jump in on S4, maybe watch the last 2 episodes of S3.

TWD is changing show runners next season, isn't it? Hopefully that will help. I wonder too if they aren't having problems with the cast and contracts that makes it difficult.

At this point I think they'd be better off doing some sort of reboot after next season, especially if Maggie leaves. Maybe jump the show 20 years in the future and have it feature a fully grown up Judith played by Maisie Williams.

• Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    There is a new showrunner coming in, and the goal is apparently to get back to basics. Get ‘em on the road again and keep the core together.

And I suppose this means they’ll be veering off from the books pretty significantly, from what i hear.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    There is a new showrunner coming in, and the goal is apparently to get back to basics. Get ‘em on the road again and keep the core together.

And I suppose this means they’ll be veering off from the books pretty significantly, from what i hear.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    I really enjoyed last night's episode, which is interesting because it didn't feature any of my favorite characters. It was a nice sendoff for Simon and really set up the finale well. Here's my breakdown:

Rick - basically a cameo where he FINALLY reads Carl's letter, and we get to hear it read by the actual actor. Absolutely fantastic, both the reading and the reaction. Should set up his decisions next week.

Aaron - a couple of scenes fighting zombies totally wet trying to gain sympathy from the fish ladies. Not much else to say but he looked really good soaking wet and apparently broke down the ladies for next week's finale.

Eugene/Daryl/Rosita/Gabriel - apparently the bullet factory has zero protection so Daryl and Rosita just saunter in and grab Eugene. They proceed to bitch at him on the way home so he pulls a sneaky barf attack to escape. Pretty ridiculous, probably the weakest part of the episode. It seemed like they wanted to establish he is 100% dedicated to Negan now. But I thought they were trying too hard, and the writers love this actor, so I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they are setting this up to have Eugene help the good guys next week, probably by screwing with the bullets. They spent a few minutes describing something about messing bullets up with Gabriel. I could be totally wrong but should be interesting either way.

Michonne/Negan - another nice cameo where she reads Carl's letter to Negan. Great acting from him, his facial expressions were fantastic showing tons of angst and even regret while verbally he's still being an asshole. Wish they would have let Carl read the letter, or do it half and half.

Simon/Dwight/Negan - Really cool to see the interplay between the 3 of them, and although a bit predictable (like how convenient he chooses to not kill Dwight immediately even though his betrayal was far worse than Simon going bonkers), it was a nice twist to have Negan outplay and outfight his 2 right hand men and show everyone why he is/was the Saviors' leader. Fight scene was very well executed. I didn't really get the (fake) plan, so next week's ambush within an ambush seems like it might end up a big clusterf- hopefully the war will really end though.

I'm cautiously excited about the finale next week. My biggest skepticism is that they've only allotted a one hour episode and there are just so many moving parts and characters that they've spent so much time setting up all season. Plus they've shown a weakness to coordinate/edit the big events well. So I suspect some things are going to get lost in the shuffle.

Predictions (some are repeated from above):

- Wet Aaron comes thru with the cavalry at some point. The cavalry being 4 fish ladies
    - Eugene finally turns back to the good side with help from Gabriel
    - T'Pol finally does something significant to prove she wasn't a total waste of our time?!?!?
    - Lots of random fighting and confusing edits and people teleporting wherever they feel like
    - Rick spares Negan so that he gets to be in the show next season
    - Morgan runs as fast as he can to the set of FTWD
    - Michonne flies as fast as she can to Wakanda and never looks back
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    I was out of town for last week's ep and did a two ep marathon tonight.

I agree with nearly everything you wrote about last week, rittchard, apart from the barfing moment, which was my favorite thing from last week's episode (or even the season)! Hilarious enough on its own, but when you add the fact that he was barfing sardine and garlic mac-n-cheese (which would have seemed like a set up for any character except Eugene), and I was laughing out loud through the whole rest of the scene. That said, it was pretty transparent both where Eugene's loyalties were and what his plan was. That was a very weak twist (though I loved watching it executed in the next ep). Also, no way did Eugene's path disappear in a pile of track-producing ashes, but expert-tracker Darryl didn't notice.

I thought last week's show was a really great episode. I was so sad to see Simon go, as inevitable as that may have been. Easily my favorite character in recent years. But watching the backstabbing and the fisticuffs with Negan was a lot of fun. I think Negan's plan with saving Dwight for the end made sense since Simon was a much more potent threat. It may have turned out that UPC Neck, the girl I only vaguely remember, only dropped in between the fight and springing the surprise on Cosplay Darryl, but that was never mentioned. Although no because, holy shit, I just put together that UPC Neck was the mysterious hitchhiker Negan picked up. That should have been obvious (and probably would have been, if I'd remembered she existed - this stuff probably works better for the binge-watchers).

The fact that Negan was still trusting his over-complicated and yet somehow under-realized fake-out plan with no confirmation even after it was revealed that the whole thing hinged on trusting Gregory to get the job done? Let's just say that I might have wanted to double check on that douche.

I also enjoyed this week's episode, and it turned out they did the mass fight really well! Although it certainly helped that most of the players died before it even got started. Eugene's pulling an Elmer Fudd Special on all the weapons was, again, no surprise. It was curiously helpful that Negan chose to trust Eugene's newfound tactician skill for the ambush within an ambush with an ambush with an A on its chest (for ambush) plan.

My biggest issue with the episode was the have-Rick's-cake-and-eat-it-too moment where he both killed and spared Negan. Rick used a move that has always signaled death every other time it's been used on this show. It was startling as hell, given that he'd read Carl's letter. And the quiet aftermath beat was fantastic! That moment when, having just "killed" Negan, the camera pans from the bloody glass (from one of the common stained glass trees of Virginia) to the shocked crowd behind him was an "oh, shit" moment, right up until it was undermined by Rick saying, "Save him." I'm fine with Rick sparing Negan, but fake-killing him first felt deceptive.

As for the end, I'm not sure why Jesus is behind the whole peace-and-love-except-for-when-its-bad-for-the-plot spiel that Maggie is spewing, but at least her shadowy threat from a pseudo throne was vague as hell. "We'll show him..." She might as well have been shaking her fist in the air.

Still, a really good episode, and I'm glad the war is over.

AND it turned out that T'Pol was still pretty damned useless. Plus, why the hell is she reading a book in a pile of trash when she has that sweet ass Ikea room ready to go?!
  • Jimmy the Fish
    Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member
    Pretty good finale. Interesting that the tone was so bright and upbeat after the relentless darkness since Negan killed Glenn and Abraham. The only problem I had was that it seemed kind of contrived that Negan lives after taking a slash to the throat like that. The blood loss alone should have made him bleed out pretty rapidly, but Rick walks away and cavalierly tells people to save him like it was no big deal. We've seen throat slashes similar to that which outright killed other people, but whatever. Walking Dead has always played fast and loose with common sense.

I really enjoyed Morgan's transition from one show to the other. The Fear premiere was well done I thought. Garrett Dillahunt's character is pretty interesting in a quirky off center kind of way. I am looking forward to how Fear plays out this season because to me it is the more interesting show.

We STILL don't know what hell the helicopter is all about.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    I think I'll start (or find) a separate thread for Fear, I think the show deserves it. I did enjoy the finale, I actually ended up watching it twice last night, first in a movie theater and then at home. It was fun to see it with a friend and about 50 other people, but the place I went didn't do much to make it a more exciting experience; picture and sound quality was mediocre, and my home version was significantly better.

I was proud to have been correct on just about all my predictions from last week, even the joke about Morgan running to the next show lol. Even though Bull mentioned he thought the Eugene twist was obvious (I was about 50/50 just because these writers are so unpredictable in quality), everyone on the Talking Dead last week seemed like they had given up on Eugene, even though Rosita was being really coy with her answers. Anyway, it was a pretty fun twist, and he held a good poker face up til the end, and I loved Negan's reaction and how it took Gabriel, Dwight AND Rosita to save his fat ass.

A little disappointed that the fish ladies big save was so short, if you blinked (and I did) you would have missed Aaron. I had to freeze frame it at home to see him. Also T'Pol still did nothing, so I guess I missed on that one. Sigh.

As much as I enjoyed the big battle finale, yet again the editing left something to be desired. I didn't see how Rick got injured, and one minute it seemed like he was with everyone, then next he was far removed for his big battle with Negan, and then they turn around and EVERYONE IS JUST STANDING THERE WATCHING. WTF lol. As far as the slash 'n save, I think that's pretty much exactly how it played out in the comic and I think it's again one of those huge moments that they wanted to stay dead on with. One question for you all: did you think they were implying that Negan actually considered the peace option before Rick slashed him? There's a definite pause and a "look" - but then again, it also looked to me like they were going to kiss, so it could have been anything.

The worst scene by far was the "evil trio" plotting their anarchy. The way they had Daryl walk out from the shadows was so cheesy he might as well be twirling his mustache, wearing a cape and saying muahaahah. I know they wanted to set up some conflict for next season but as Bull said, why Jesus? There's been nothing that establishes him to want to kill Negan. And why the need to "bide their time" etc etc. Just frickin go yell at Rick and argue about it, this isn't freaking Game of Thrones! If this is what they have in store for us next season, it could be a big disaster.

My recommendation is they just make the show a soap opera next year and have a bunch of different hookups and love triangles. Rick/Michonne/T'Pol/Negan, Carol/Daryl/Ezekiel, Maggie/Savior Cutie (needs a nickname), Aaron/Jesus, Tara/Redhead Wife/Random fish lady, Eugene/Rosita. Leave the action to Fear lol.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member edited April 17
    Having the whole group behind Rick after the fight with Negan wasn't bad editing. The framing of that moment was intentionally set up to be a shock.

I also did think that Negan was at least considering the deal (he certainly seemed moved by Rick's/Carl's words), which I guess you needed if he's going to turn into a happy member of the looming society.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    Bullwinkle wrote: »
    Having the whole group behind Rick after the fight with Negan wasn't bad editing. The framing of that moment was intentionally set up to be a shock.

So you're saying everyone was just standing there for five minutes watching Negan kick the shit out of Rick like an audience waiting to see how it turned out? Even Maggie? Given her frame of mind, it would make much more sense for her to rush forward to try to shoot him (and then Michonne would try to stop her at that point). Or for Daryl to shoot him with an arrow to save him the same way he did in the savior building scene. I suppose you can say the editing was fine for the dramatic effect, but the writing/framing made no sense to me (except in comic book good guy vs big bad terms of course).
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    To me, it seemed like they slowly gathered while the fight was going on. Rick had promised Maggie that he would kill Negan, and I would think she'd be enjoying the beating he was taking. Then he did slice the guy's throat. Of course, when he (inexplicably) ordered to save him, she did try to run forward and was held back.

Also, Rick and Negan were in a melee. No one was going to fire into the middle of that, no matter their feelings.

And Rick was still the default leader, don't forget.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Andrew Lincoln Leaving in Season 9

Holy crap!

It also looks like Maggie will be heading out next season. Rumor is both are only going to be in 6 episodes. That is going to be an abrupt change.

Honestly, I'm not sure the show can survive.
  • Jimmy the Fish
    Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member
    Lol, without either of them, what's the point? The show will be on life support by that time.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Darryl's going to have to start doing a lot more talking.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    Lol, without either of them, what's the point? The show will be on life support by that time.

I wish they would just plan to write the show a graceful ending. If there are a couple of characters they can't bear to give up they can cross them over to Fear.
  • Blackjack
    Blackjack
    GT Member edited May 30
    Collider broke the supposed news but keep in mind AMC declines to comment so it's just a few anonymous sources stirring the pot.

I gradually lost interest in the show in recent years. I still think it has wasted too much time on a one-note barbed-wire bat wielding charmless nincompoop (Negan) and then whenever it looks like they'll finally kill him off, they insert a deus ex machina resolution to save him. Who cares? Move on from the character for crying out loud.

And I agree with many fans that Glen and Abraham deserved better sendoffs than simply being hamburger meat for an unappealing villain's bat. I think that scene belonged in some dreadful Eli Roth horror movie, not TWD.

While the show's ratings are still fine in basic cable terms, by all accounts they've been in free-fall multiple seasons now, just driving away long-time fans left and right. I think the problem with a show that decides the only way to have drama is to keep killing characters off is you eventually have a show with nobody long term fans have anything invested anymore. If Lincoln and Cohan (whose CIA action show pilot Whisky Cavalier was picked up) both leave after the upcoming season, that's just about what will be left, with Chandler Riggs' Carl killed off. It also removes the family dynamic Michonne had with those characters.

I think re-focusing the show around Darryl isn't really going to help; arguably he's a character most appealing in limited doses. Also feel like the show is trapped in terms of environments because of its unwillingness to move beyond film locations in Atlanta. After a while, everything just looks the same from season to season.

I've far more enjoyed watching this season of Fear the Walking Dead, which I'd written off as unnecessary. Lennie James (Morgan) seems to fit in well although I got a little tired of his character's constant veering from "I gotta be by myself" and "I gotta help people," over and over, on both shows.

Garret Dillahunt's John Dorie on Fear is probably the first new character I've really liked on either show in quite some time. Hopefully he doesn't get prematurely killed off. Jenna Elfman's (sitcom Darma & Greg) been a revelation too.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Carol could come to the forefront more. She's a strong, interesting character, even if she hasn't really had much focus in recent years.

I agree with assessments here that it'd be better to call TOD on TWD.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    It's interesting because what was originally one of TWD's greatest strengths has over time become it's biggest weakness - and to me it's the use (or not) of the source material. There are times it's great to have this whole wealth of content to rely upon, but in some ways it became both a crutch and a deterrent to moving forward. Comics and TV shows are still a very very different medium, and some of the stories/ideas that work in one just don't work in another. Some of TWD's best material and characters were where it diverged from the comics (Daryl, Carol) and many of the problems came from following it too closely (Glenn, Negan). Of course you could argue other changes like NotCop, killing Carl and T'Pol/Trash People were mistakes, but at least those all added some different dynamics. Negan was fantastic in the comics (and still is a fun character to have around), and the actor they chose was good, but somehow he just didn't work well in the show. Or maybe it was more just that the War story dragged on too long. In the comics it was a full 12 issues plus before and aftermath, so I think they felt like they had to also devote an entire season to it, which just didn't work well.

In any event, if Andrew Lincoln and Maggie both are leaving for sure, I'd say their best bet (aside from ending the show) would be to re-tool the way Fear did and make it almost like a spinoff. Find some way to get more of a fresh start and just diverge completely from the comics. They don't necessarily need to kill off those core characters, but they would need to find a way to move away from them. Maybe a group of them decide they need to head to X location where they've heard there's a cure or something. My ideal group would be: Jesus, Aaron, Carol, Daryl, Michonne (although I doubt she's going to stay in the show much longer). Then add a couple of new cast members played by semi-famous actors who need work lol and make them immediately appealing like John Dorie.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    I also suspect Michonne is just biding time until a contract runs out.
  • Jimmy the Fish
    Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member
    Since the timelines of the two shows are now taking place at the same time, maybe once Rick and Maggie go, the two casts eventually merge and the show becomes one. On Fear, the core family is down to mom and daughter, with rumors that mom doesn't survive this season. Without Rick and Maggie, they are left with secondary characters. As popular as Daryl and Michonne are, they are played off as secondaries on the show.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member edited June 1
    Bullwinkle wrote: »
    I also suspect Michonne is just biding time until a contract runs out.

They should give her her own series as she battles zombies in Wakanda :p
    The Wakanding Dead

Sorry, couldn't resist!!!
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Ha! Yeah, the spoiler was a good idea.