[TV] The Walking Dead Season 8 (Careful there will be Spoilers!)

Comments

• Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Morgan got told to read the room and get with the program twice tonight, and he's still dragging his heels. I think his moral compass was actually right before this and now I think he's missing the forest for the trees. However, I remember him hinting at a point last week which is similar to what we've said before, that the easiest solution may be to throw a proverbial bucket of water on Neegan. When he melts (which may be possible if the proverbial bucket is filled with the literal hot furnace fuel), his followers may just throw up their hands. The smallest loss of life would be just Neegan's. Maybe. But there are some nasty pieces of work under him who have to be dealt with, too.

Now as for the Poseurs, that group Rick and company went on a combat-trial fetch quest for, I don't know who thought hiring a Ren Faire team to play a Mad Max gang was a good idea, but they should be thrown into the pit with the fabricated zombie hedgehog. That lead woman (I wanna say T'Pol? Is that right?) was all about showing you how casual she was about being in charge. A lackadaisical hand toss here, a look away but not to anywhere in particular there. Plus what the f with that dialogue?! "Show Rick the Upupup"? And the lack of verbs? It's like they willfully chose to make communication among themselves harder. It's not as if anyone else in the walker apocalypse has seen dialogue regress. Except maybe Daryl. But he wasn't so eloquent beforehand.

And speaking of Daryl. So, he just heads out without so much as a head-press fight? What was the point? Of course, it was so that he could reunite with Carol, but now his stay in the Kingdom really just seems like a plot convenience.

But his scene with Carol was good. It was nice to see soulful-eyed teary Carol again instead of hollow Carol. And I was genuinely surprised to see Daryl lie to Carol. Good stuff.

In fact, despite my significant gripes above, I thought this was a decent episode. I wish there weren't so many ugh moments, though. I'm not looking forward to seeing the Poseurs again, but it looks like next week might be a Eugene/Neegan focused romp, so maybe we'll get a week off.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    After talking about Rick's combat-trial fetch quest last night, I saw this article (Warning: Inappropriate use of "Literally" ahead):

Last Night's 'The Walking Dead' Was Literally A 'Fallout 4' Quest

rick-zombie-walking-dead.jpg?width=960

The Walking Dead threw a wrench in the works last night when they introduced an entirely new group to the equation, one not found in the comics, that Rick attempts to recruit as allies in the upcoming fight against Negan, joining Alexandria, the Hilltop and eventually the Kingdom and the Amazons, most likely.

It was a bit of an odd episode without all that much action, but there was something about this plotline that I found awfully familiar. As Rick’s adventure was unfolding, I was very much seeing the entire situation as a quest from Fallout 4.

The Fallout series and The Walking Dead already have obvious parallels between existing in the post-apocalypse and with zombie-like ghouls roaming the land, but this episode in particular made that comparison more stark than usual.

I want to try to frame this as a literal quest from Fallout 4 as best I can (with perhaps slightly better dialogue options), so this will be uh, an experiment in formatting, shall we say. This will only really make any amount of sense if you’ve watched the episode, so go and do that first. And I guess the set-up was in last week’s episode. Anyway, here we go.

<<Rick enters his settlement as his NPC allies move about. He is approached by Aaron>>

AARON: Rick, something’s wrong. Father Gabriel is missing. He was on guard duty, but it seems like he took off with a car and some food.

RICK:

X) That rat bastard!

Y) He wouldn’t do that…

A) Is anyone else missing?

B) We need to investigate

<<QUEST STARTED: Search for clues about Gabriel’s location>>

<<Rick searches the area, and discovers a notebook. He examines the notebook to find BOAT scrawled on it>>

RICK: I know where he went

<<NEW OBJECTIVE: Look for Gabriel near the old boat. A new marker has been added to your minimap>>

<<Rick and his followers track back to the boat area. When they arrive, they’re met by a strange new group wearing all-black, cult-like robes. They’re led to what appears to be a trash fortress. They speak strangely>>

TRASH WOMAN: You speak. Words now. Take things, we have. Your lives, ours, taken, as well.

rick-dialog-walking-dead.jpg?width=960

RICK:

X) What the hell are you even saying?

Y) Give us back Gabriel or I’ll gut you (ATTACK)

A) Who are you people?

B) Let’s talk about how we can help each other (CHARISMA: 5)

TRASH WOMAN: Worthy you are not. Prove thyself in gauntlet trial of spikes and madness

RICK: Excuse me?

<<Rick is pushed into a closed off area, separated from his party members. He tries a nearby door>>

<<It won’t budge>>

RICK: What is—

<<NEW OBJECTIVE: Kill KING SPIKE ZOMBIE>>

<<Rick fights valiantly unarmed. Loses 30% HP and cripples his arm and leg, but uses environmental hazards to his advantage and is victorious>>

<<OBJECTIVE COMPLETE: Report back to Trash Woman>>

TRASH WOMAN: Not bad, you are. Perhaps we take lives, not just things. For price, that is right.

rick-trash-woman-walking-dead.jpg?width=960

RICK:

X) You just tried to murder me you nutjob! (ATTACK)

Y) Seriously, what the hell are you saying?

A) Join us or die like your spiked friend

B) If you help us kill the Saviors, we’ll split the spoils of war (INTELLIGENCE: 8)

<<Michonne disliked that>>

<<Aaron liked that>>

<<Rosita hates you>>

TRASH WOMAN: Perhaps this is acceptable, but task you must complete for our hand in friendship. Guns are the tool required. Only then, our strength is yours

RICK: Fine. (mutters) Nutjob

<<QUEST COMPLETE. 4,000 XP. ONE NEW SKILL POINT TO SPEND>>

<<NEW QUEST STARTED: Bring the Trash People a weapon cache>>

….

That’s the best I got.

If I were Rick I’d sink a few more points into Luck. He’s going to need it going up against a max STRENGTH, ENDURANCE, CHARISMA Negan.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    OMG Bullwinkle, I almost spit out my tea when you called her T'Pol! The campiness was pretty hilarious, but then again in a comic-book universe where they have Ezekiel and his magic tiger I guess anything is fair game.

Overall I'm not too thrilled with the addition of the Mad Max trash people, though I guess it's nice that the TV show wants to take some risks to branch out with their own creations. It feels like they're already spread too thin to cover the main+support cast, and it can be really difficult to write a huge ensemble show (see Lost). Hopefully once the War ends they will have cleaned up a lot of the extraneous characters and groups but we'll see.

I'm also getting annoyed at the "tease" plotlines, like Morgan and Carol not being willing to fight. I mean seriously are we to believe they aren't going to be involved in the war at all? And then the whole thing with the "we need guns" and stupid Notcop holding out on the info. It's so freaking annoying lol. "I wonder where oh where could we possible find a ton of guns???" ARGH!!!!

All that said, it's still my favorite show on TV. I do think my expectations need to be curbed going forward, though, as it feels like this season has not been as good as it could/should have for whatever reason. It's interesting that sometimes you don't realize how much an ensemble show can hurt when it loses a key cast member, and I think in this instance maybe the loss of Glenn has had a bigger affect than the writers/producers consciously realize. I remember when Glee lost Finn, there was just nothing they did that could recover from it, it was like the soul of the show was missing. Of course that was an unplanned loss and was more devastating because of the tragic nature of the actor dying, but again it's just an interesting dynamic to see as a fan of the show.
  • Roman
    Roman
    GT Member
    personally speaking I'm also not a fan of the trash people - more specifically in how they speak. Did they all forget how to talk like normal people all of a sudden - or did they just evolve from a cave dwelling sect that no one knew about in Georgia?
  • Punisher
    Punisher
    GT Member
    on 1487798294:

personally speaking I'm also not a fan of the trash people - more specifically in how they speak. Did they all forget how to talk like normal people all of a sudden - or did they just evolve from a cave dwelling sect that no one knew about in Georgia?

I am wondering if it may be an act to get people to think they are stupid.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    on 1487864301:

on 1487798294:

I am wondering if it may be an act to get people to think they are stupid.

They were probably just bored and tried to come up with ways to be annoying lol.

- - -

Interesting ep last night featuring Eugene and Dwight. Kind of nice to get another side of Dwight which had been hinted at, and Eugene was fun to watch. Nice use of Easy Street and Yar's Revenge btw, and the pickle jar was hilarious. I'm starting to flip on Negan though, the performance is getting a bit over the top for me. I did just read the latest comics, so I do hope they keep him on the show. Comic spoiler:

Negan gets spared at the end of the war and is put in a cell (wonder if they are going to use the tiger cell for him?), later released when they face an even bigger threat. At this point he is slowly trying to redeem himself, or at least it seems so on the surface. He's already saved Rick multiple times and he's almost one of the "good guys."

Now I hate to keep using the Lost analogy but I have to question whether it's smart/sustainable for them to run these type of episodes featuring "lesser" cast members. I'm not a big Eugene fan and I found it a well done episode, but I wonder if they aren't testing general fans' patience with these "building" episodes. With a season being only 16 episodes total, it's a bit risky. I'm sure when you look back it will all make sense and fit into the main narrative (Notcop's ladies will bring the much needed guns, Dwight and Eugene will presumably play a big part being on the inside, etc). I just don't think either plot line warranted stand-alone episodes. A tighter writing/production team might have been able to do both stories in the same episode, or mixed in a second main character story for each. I'm starting to forget who else is on the show lol, but I miss seeing Maggie, Carl and some of the others. It's translating to the show writing as well, as the actor who plays Eugene mentioned last night, everyone on the show seemed to forget he had been captured.

I'm wondering now if they are just trying to stretch it out and push the main war into next season?
  • Blackjack
    Blackjack
    GT Member
    I got confused -- I assumed AMC would take the week off for TWD, given the Oscars broadcast on ABC. So i thought it was a repeat.

Also, I swear the Walking Dead credits I saw when I peeked briefly after 9 p.m. said "Steven Yeun" among the cast credits, who of course isn't on the show anymore. Did he show up in a flash back or something?

Hopefully I can catch up next Sunday, they usually show the prior wee's ep just before the new one.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    They do have these magical devices that let you record and watch episodes at a later time...

I watched it tonight, and I have to say that even though I was kinda dreading a solo-focused episode, I thought this one was fairly fantastic. There was some really great character stuff for both Eugene and Cosplay Daryl. Even Negan had some variations on his usual schtick.

Eugene's loyalty twist at the end was quite interesting. Of course, it could be a ploy, or it could be utterly true. I don't think it's cut-and-dried either way. I'm not sure Eugene knows how he's feeling. On the one hand, we have seen Eugene be a good person in the past. We also saw him treat those women well. And, most importantly, we saw him turn a blind eye to the untouchable that swiped something. On the other hand, he seemed pretty adamant about his loyalty to Negan. He did not help the ladies with their plan. And we saw a secret smile come over his face when he started to like the way he was being treated. In the end, we know he is a coward, but we have seen him overcome this before, and he's generally a very loyal person. I suspect he's on the right side, but I'm not sure he knows that yet.

Also, I can't remember what Eugene's true origin is. I know he lied about being a scientist before, but how much of that was a lie? All of it? If so, it's very telling that he went back to that lie, because it reminds us how easily he can lie to the face of someone he regards as much more powerful.
  • Roman
    Roman
    GT Member
    on 1488265740:

Also, I can't remember what Eugene's true origin is. I know he lied about being a scientist before, but how much of that was a lie? All of it? If so, it's very telling that he went back to that lie, because it reminds us how easily he can lie to the face of someone he regards as much more powerful.

^^^ This. Through me for a loop too.
  • Scraper
    Scraper
    GT Member
    on 1488293516:

on 1488265740:

My take on it has been that he isn't really what he says he was in the past. But he is super intelligent and does know a good deal about chemistry and other sciences. Kind of like a post apocalypse Walter White. He has used his intelligence to make up a fake history to make people think they need him. First with Abraham and Rick and now with Neegan.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    on 1488297012:

on 1488293516:

on 1488265740:

My take on it has been that he isn't really what he says he was in the past. But he is super intelligent and does know a good deal about chemistry and other sciences. Kind of like a post apocalypse Walter White. He has used his intelligence to make up a fake history to make people think they need him. First with Abraham and Rick and now with Neegan.

That's a good point, actually. His lie to Abraham wasn't just about cowardice or power. It was also about wanting to be kept around and to be protected. So it doesn't help that much in figuring out his loyalties. But it's still very interesting.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    Yeah I presume Eugene just says/does/adapts what he needs to in the moment to survive another day. He may or may not have a conscious endgame in mind, but I don't think it matters - he's a good guy at heart, he's not going to start killing people left and right. When the time comes, I have faith he'll be doing what needs to be done. I do wonder what Negan thinks about his "acquisitions" - does he really believe these people follow him out of blind loyalty from fear?

Anyway, I don't know if they established his origin in the show, but in the comics they do say he was a high school science teacher. So that fits in with what he's shown us on the TV show as well.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Lets all take a moment to mourn the passing of Terribly CG'd Deer, whose death will be commemorated with the release of Terribly CG'd Balloons.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    on 1488822743:

Lets all take a moment to mourn the passing of Terribly CG'd Deer, whose death will be commemorated with the release of Terribly CG'd Balloons.

lol!

So this morning while driving in to work I was thinking about last night's episode and got to the part with the guns and trash people, and then I just spontaneously couldn't stop laughing just thinking about her named "T'Pol". I have no idea why that triggers so much laughter for me but thanks again!

Anyway, for the first time this season an episode I can honestly say I fully enjoyed from start to finish. What's not to love? Lots of sexy time, humor, smiles, badass zombie slicing, and OMG - real plot advancement! Not only that, they did a star-centric episode but still managed to include some plot movement for some of the second tier characters. This is what I was talking about last week, it should be fully possible to give a focused A-story as well as advance a B-story or 2. Of course you might be annoyed at Rosita going off half-cocked, but hey, at least she is doing something pro-active to force the show forward. I still miss seeing some other characters, Maggie in particular, but hopefully she'll get some stuff in the final couple of shows.

The devil's in the details, and this episode had a lot of little things to enjoy, like throwbacks to previous episodes and the CAT negotiation - loved that, it was so random. Also loved Rick's acknowledgment of Michonne's badassery. Only a real man can be comfortable letting his lady take on 8 zombies while he goes for... 2! Hell she could probably clear a full herd by herself if she needed to and her lame sexy boyfriend didn't distract her.

Happy to see real Carol is coming back next week, thank goodness.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    I could tell how much I was enjoying this episode when they got to the trash people and the first line of dialogue from T'Pol (something like "Guns. More.") made me cringe. It was so jarringly bad compared to what had happened before that I took notice.

I think they did a decent job with B story stuff last week, too. I have no idea why we got so many episodes in this arc that didn't even have a B story. It really makes the show feel stagnant. Even if only the illusion of story progress is made, it makes a difference.

But the stuff with Rick and Michonne was great. When they stepped onto the roof, I wondered aloud if they shouldn't be more worried about structural integrity. But it was a great change of pace to hear laughter coming from below instead of groans and a haunting pre-commercial music sting.

I saw an article describe Rick's "You can die, I can die" speech as a fumbly attempt to tease Rick dying (along with his supposed death this episode), but I don't see it that way at all. The article dismissed the idea of Michonne dying simply because Rick said he also could live without her, but how are they not seeing that this is precisely why she may be in danger. Rick always talks a bigger game than he can deliver, even to himself. That said, I think the two of them make a more interesting team than the drama of a loss would bring, so I don't know that she's in danger soon. I think that may be a seed for a season or two from now. I'm still not clicking with their romance, even if I did enjoy seeing them have fun, but I do enjoy them as a team. I thought all of their stuff was great.

I even enjoyed Fistbump Notcop's heart to heart with L'il Ass Kicker. Plus it had an important moment of justification for her keeping silent that I wish had come out earlier. It's not just that she made a promise. It's that she knows people will get hurt if she speaks about it. And, yes, in the grand scheme of things, more will be hurt by Negan, etc., but that doesn't make it an easier choice. In hindsight, her reasoning should have been obvious, but they positioned it as a promise to the girl who helped her. Anyway, I enjoyed watching her talk herself though it.

Unfortunately, she's going to feel nothing but remorse for taking so long to come forward when Hat Hottie buys it. Although I predict she may get forced into wifehood and that Sasha will be the one buying it (so she can be beamed up into that new Star Trek show...c'mon who are they kidding with that "She can do both" nonsense).
  • Jimmy the Fish
    Jimmy the Fish
    GT Member
    I doubt very much that either Rick or Michonne will die during the run of the series. According to Kirkman, in the comic, Rick, Michonne and Carl are the central elements which everything else revolves around. Even though the series and comic deviate from each other in significant ways, I don't think he would change up the central characters that drive both narratives.

At least I don't think he would do that...would he?? :ninja:
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    The one main difference between written characters and live action characters is that the latter ones are portrayed by living humans. They get tempted by bigger paychecks or worn out by rigorous schedules or tired of just playing the same character over and over. So, there's no telling for sure. There's also the need to shake things up or, especially for this show, to keep the audience on their toes. But, yeah, I can't imagine it's in the immediate plans to kill either of them.
  • Punisher
    Punisher
    GT Member
    I am hoping that T'Pol has a grand moment where she suddenly goes into a long and eloquent speech, ala Silent Bob.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    on 1488906354:

I am hoping that T'Pol has a grand moment where she suddenly goes into a long and eloquent speech, ala Silent Bob.

And then collapses at the end saying, "Speech. Long. Die now."
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    hK27W7o2FjnDzLGgYiDYWA-1200-80.jpg
  • Scraper
    Scraper
    GT Member
    Yeah that deer was painfully fake. I can understand a CGI Tiger, I'm ok with that. But a deer? How hard can it be to rent a deer for the day? I imagine it would have been way cheaper than that CGI mess that they went with.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    I think the issue was more about not wanting the deer to run off when a herd of walkers stumbled into the same shot (I think they did use a real deer earlier in the episode), but, yeah, some editing trickery would have made that work better than the CGI crapfest. My hunch is that they somehow only discovered they needed to put in a fake deer late in the game and were rushed.

The tiger has been decent, IMO. Sometimes the shadow doesn't line up the right way, but for TV, it's just fine. Same with some headshot moments. There are shots in this show where you can tell the blood was added later, if you're looking for it, but it goes by so quickly that it doesn't matter.

But then they'll pull this intern-worthy shit (the Glenn balloons from last season were another bad memory) and lose credibility.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Last night's episode was called "Bury Me Here" but it should have been called "Shit, Morgan, Finally" because Morgan finally woke up. The only problem is, Morgan has a lot of layers buried pretty deep, and if you wake up part of him, you wake up all of him. So crazy Morgan is going to go kill 'em all. I'm sure that won't end with anyone dying.

Actually, I imagine that the show will carefully not mention Morgan again so when he comes in with a Deus Ex Machina moment to kill the baddie who has someone in a nasty position, we'll all be surprised. I'm just not sure there won't be consequences along the way.

This was a really great episode in a lot of ways. There were nice twists and actions from characters that were unexpected but still in character. Even that kid's death surprised me, even though he did everything but announce his retirement and buy a boat with the name "The Live 4 Ever"

A couple of hiccups. When Morgan started quoting Sir BMX Pads' plan, it seemed like he knew the sacrifice was necessary to get them to believe and that Morgan was going to be instrumental in taking it over, but then he just kind of bailed. I guess he did explain what BMX Pads' plan was, so the buck had been passed, but I wonder if we needed another scene of that. Also, what was Carol trying to say to Morgan before he went off? I didn't quite get it.

With all that happened in this episode, the most significant bit was a small one that came from Lady Piss Her Pants (no judgement, I'd do the same on a porch with an unchained Tiger). Her little speech about how after destroying everything you can grow everything back, if you really want to is a mission statement from the creative team. Choosing to bring civilization back and refinding humanity are what this show is about.

Also, WTF with the Dad pretending to eat his little kid in the look-at-how-peaceful-they-are pan shot at the beginning. Pretending to be a child eating monster doesn't seem like a thing we'd still be doing when there are really child-eating monsters.

[size=8pt]NOTE: I can't take credit for the name Sir BMX Pads, though it's how I've thought of him ever since seeing it in an article (that or Captain BMX Pads - RIP).[/size]
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    [email protected] Pads! I never have trouble remembering his character name cuz well, you know, it's RICHARD :icon_biggrin:

I was really sad to lose Benjamin and it caught me off guard. I thought it was pretty well set up for Richard to die as a martyr to move the plot forward, and I had imagined they had a lot more plotted out for Benj in the future. In fact I think on a number of levels it was a shame to kill him this early, as he provided a fantastic plot foil/counterpoint for Morgan, Ezekiel AND Carol. There's pretty much no one like that left in the cast; everyone is pretty jaded and/or skilled - characters in the "learning" phase have all leveled up or died. I guess there's his little brother, but he's a little too young to do much with.

The episode really did trick me with the way it played out; even the commercials were misleading in that it seemed to be a Carol-centric episode, but as Bull mentioned it's really about turning Morgan around. Apparently Carol didn't need more than a hint of a hint to push her back over the edge.

I actually thought that Morgan and Richard had worked out a plan to fake Richard's killing to convince the yokels they were legit. Especially when Morgan kept telling everyone to leave without him, I thought Richard was gonna get up and say he didn't have to choke him so hard. So I was pretty shocked when Morgan knifes his head. Bummer cuz he was just growing on me.

on 1489409028:

Also, what was Carol trying to say to Morgan before he went off? I didn't quite get it.

I think she says something to the effect that he can "go but not go" - meaning she was letting him have her cottage all to himself (and away from everyone) to decompress before he went off killing. Thus the awesome end shot of him turning the pole into (presumably) a spear. What I wasn't sure about was whether he meant he was intending to kill zombies or Saviors when he says he was going to kill them one by one. Maybe both. Either way I definitely enjoy Crazy "Clear" Morgan a lot more than Pacifist Morgan.
  • Zinfan
    Zinfan
    GT Member
    I didn't mind this episode but really! Hey here is Benji's little brother trying to be just like him. Hey Morgan have a picture to hang on the handy nail in the wall.. Hey Carol can I follow you and see what makes you tick? no ok... Hey Morgan there is a girl but I won't tell you about her.... Hey half dozen Negans who met up with eight Kingdomeers to get a whole dozen melons (really that much gas and guns for such a small cargo?), here is a picture of my new mysterious girlfriend (well it should have been in the show if you ask me) and when I get back we are going to get married....BANG! How could you not guess who got shot but thanks TWD producers for cutting to commercial at the right time for dramatic effect.....

Maybe if Sir BMX Pads (love it btw) had been on an actual BMX bike that row of shopping carts would have stopped him but really a big truck has to stop? And everyone has to get all tactical about it? And they know what happens if they are late but are stopped by rogue shopping carts? And finally if Sir BMX Pads's plan had worked how were the others to know where to bury him? There were no clues as far as I could see that he was the one who dug that grave.

Anyways looking forward to see what the final 3 episodes bring us.
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    Well, the shopping carts made it clear that someone was up to something (they even said it wouldn't be something good), so just continuing on without making sure that wasn't part of the trap wouldn't have been a good idea (not that having everyone get out of the vehicle at the same time was a good idea either). Why they wound up just shrugging their shoulders saying, "I guess these carts rolled here on their own after digging a marked grave after all" is beyond me, though.

But I think the plan at the grave was for Morgan to find the bookbag later and piece it together with Sir BMX Pads' earlier story about his daughter. I don't think it was a very good plan, mind you. I'm not sure why Morgan would bother to go back there after Richard had been killed or think to put two and two together with the grave after the fact. Hell, he only put three and five together to get Cap BMX after randomly kicking the very bucket that was hiding the melon.

I have to say, though, I thought the story with the wife and the daughter and leaving the camp was a very nice moment for the actor playing Richard. That guy never grew on me (I didn't hate him, but he just never seemed special), but I actively decided to root for him after that speech. Lot of good that did.
  • Zinfan
    Zinfan
    GT Member
    Terrible planning aside I liked Sir BMX Pads, at least he wanted to resist from the beginning. I'm also not sure why he had to die at Morgan's hands since the Saviors had no clue that the Kingdom was thinking of fighting, just the fact that they brought the one melon after Benji went to a farm in upstate NY seems to show that the Kingdomeer's are docile. I know we needed Morgan the Clear back but all in all I didn't care for the story arc that got him there, Benji crossing the rainbow bridge should have been enough IMO.
  • rittchard
    rittchard
    GT Member
    on 1489447675:

Terrible planning aside I liked Sir BMX Pads, at least he wanted to resist from the beginning. I'm also not sure why he had to die at Morgan's hands since the Saviors had no clue that the Kingdom was thinking of fighting, just the fact that they brought the one melon after Benji went to a farm in upstate NY seems to show that the Kingdomeer's are docile. I know we needed Morgan the Clear back but all in all I didn't care for the story arc that got him there, Benji crossing the rainbow bridge should have been enough IMO.

Yeah that last sequence didn't make a whole lot of sense, aside from just saying Clear Morgan is a psycho killer and everyone should get out of the way. Why didn't the kingdomer's restrain him? For that matter, why didn't the Savior's stop him? According to their superiority rules only they should get to decide who lives and dies. Even after revealing his big plan I didn't get the feeling that everyone was so appalled they just assumed he should die? It was a stupid martyr-ish plan, but still the intent was not horrible and I didn't feel like he deserved to die for it. As he said, he would have to live with it for the rest of his life and atone. That's why I liked my plot line better, where they faked that sequence and Richard goes into hiding (in his trailer) as a secret weapon. But I guess now that Morgan is bonkers and Carol is loose they don't really need secret weapons lol.
  • Punisher
    Punisher
    GT Member
    on 1489428219:

Apparently Carol didn't need more than a hint of a hint to push her back over the edge.

I figured it was kind of obvious it wouldn't take much to push her back into the fold. This is why Daryl did not tell her in the first place. He was going to but then she started talking about not wanting to do killing anymore so Daryl shut up because he knew it would force her hand.
    Especially with Glenn. They've been together since the beginning.
    Not quite sure why morgan decided to tell her. Was it just because he's gonna go into psycho mode and figure why not? Did he just tell her because he thought she needed to know?
  • Punisher
    Punisher
    GT Member
    on 1489449086:

on 1489447675:

Yeah that last sequence didn't make a whole lot of sense, aside from just saying Clear Morgan is a psycho killer and everyone should get out of the way. Why didn't the kingdomer's restrain him? For that matter, why didn't the Savior's stop him? According to their superiority rules only they should get to decide who lives and dies. Even after revealing his big plan I didn't get the feeling that everyone was so appalled they just assumed he should die? It was a stupid martyr-ish plan, but still the intent was not horrible and I didn't feel like he deserved to die for it. As he said, he would have to live with it for the rest of his life and atone. That's why I liked my plot line better, where they faked that sequence and Richard goes into hiding (in his trailer) as a secret weapon. But I guess now that Morgan is bonkers and Carol is loose they don't really need secret weapons lol.

I think what pushed morgan over the edge was that Richard did not tell anyone like he said he would.. I think that combined wit the kid dying AND Richard about to go through his plan made him snap.
    As for trying to stop him, IIRC, the kingdom people were about to stop him, but the Savior leader said to let them be.
    I was kind of hoping that the Savior leader was gonna shoot rat face in the head, although it will be interesting to see if Neagan does anything to him.
    and the intent was horrible for everyone.. For the Saviors, because he was plotting against them and for the Kingdom because Richard was trying to force their hand AND got the kid killed as a result.

I am also wondering if Morgan is secretly taking over Richard's plan..