Favorite game with the worst mechanics?

Mr. Feral
Mr. Feral
edited October 2015 in Tabletop Gaming
I know we all have those games that are objectively lacking but have never stopped entertaining us. What are some of your favorites? I am interested in both board games and RPGs.

For me I understand why from a design standpoint Munchkin is lacking, but in some ways the way the game is less thought out only ever added to my play.

On the RPG front, I can't in good conscience say that Radiance is perfect, but it's exactly the kind of wonky weirdness that makes for a good time.

Comments

• Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    on 1444160909:

I know we all have those games that are objectively lacking but have never stopped entertaining us. What are some of your favorites? I am interested in both board games and RPGs.

For me I understand why from a design standpoint Munchkin is lacking, but in some ways the way the game is less thought out only ever added to my play.

On the RPG front, I can't in good conscience say that Radiance is perfect, but it's exactly the kind of wonky weirdness that makes for a good time.

I suppose Fluxx still fits the bill, but I find it hard to play it anymore (despite my daughter's requests). It only takes one, broken, endless game to put you off the thing.

Still, can't say I hate it.
  • WorkingMike
    WorkingMike
    GT Member
    Lately it is Onward to Venus. Martin Wallace makes neat games that require 6 more months of playtesting.

I really like the game, but so many parts of it are a swing and a miss.