Movie trailer catch all

Comments

• Soulchilde
    GT Member
    Independence Day: Resurgence really...

No Will Smith this time
  • farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Generic. So by the numbers it hurts. Goldblum even comments "certainly bigger than the last one" because all you have to do to make a sequel is take all the parts of the first and make them bigger. Don't try to make a different story, don't try to improve just make it bigger.

• farley2k
    GT Moderator
    New Star Trek one leaked so the studio released it. Great idea, too bad it looks so silly. I mean motorcycle jumps? Really?

*someone else felt the same way

wDUpoZL.gif
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    on 1450112064:

New Star Trek one leaked so the studio released it. Great idea, too bad it looks so silly. I mean motorcycle jumps? Really?

Yeah, it seems like they're going even more for the "big dumb fun" with this one.
  • Rumpy
    GT Member
    on 1450101433:

Generic. So by the numbers it hurts. Goldblum even comments "certainly bigger than the last one" because all you have to do to make a sequel is take all the parts of the first and make them bigger. Don't try to make a different story, don't try to improve just make it bigger.

Yep, agreed. Felt so incredibly generic.
  • YellowKing
    GT Member
    Because when I think "Star Trek," I think "Beastie Boys and motorcycles!"
  • USMC Kato
    GT Member
    on 1450147117:

Because when I think "Star Trek," I think "Beastie Boys and motorcycles!"

I loved the last two Trek films, but this trailer is awful. It's like some executive made all of the decisions of what was shown for this trailer.
  • farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Did anyone read the book? I like the trailer but I have no idea if the source material is good.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    on 1450188086:

Did anyone read the book? I like the trailer but I have no idea if the source material is good.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Not sure if the story and characters were actually good to begin with.
  • Soulchilde
    GT Member
    on 1450188086:

The book is really just a text book with notes in the margins added by various character from the HP series I believe. This movie is about the author and his journey to write his text book.

It's probably a money grab by Warner Bros and sadly JK Rowling
  • Rumpy
    GT Member
    Well, the good thing is that Rowling's writing the script this time around, so at the very least it should be an interesting addition to the HP world.
  • farley2k
    GT Moderator
    I will see it.
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    on 1450364712:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Looks pretty funny

Yeah, that looks pretty good.
  • Ironrod
    GT Member
    on 1450367719:

on 1450364712:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Looks pretty funny

Yeah, that looks pretty good.

+1. Good cast, interesting premise.
  • farley2k
    GT Moderator
    High Rise

A trailer that doesn't give it all away but certianly teases there is more to the story.
  • farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Hail Caesar!

Wonderful. Just great looking.
  • forgeforsaken
    GT Member
    on 1452182712:

High Rise

A trailer that doesn't give it all away but certianly teases there is more to the story.

Tangerine Dream's Love on a Real Train getting some usage lately, between this and Mr. Robot.
  • farley2k
    GT Moderator
    It looks good. But not really original. I mean the idea of people trapped in a tense situation where we have no idea how they got there and they try to escape but one of them tried to stop them.....

Anyway it looks interesting.
  • Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    on 1452868510:

It looks good. But not really original. I mean the idea of people trapped in a tense situation where we have no idea how they got there and they try to escape but one of them tried to stop them.....

It's true. I feel like I've seen this movie before. I mean characters talking to each other, sitting down sometimes but other times doing things? Hasn't that been done to death?
  • EngineNo9
    GT Member
    I think that trailer was perfect for intriguing me without showing too much.
  • farley2k
    GT Moderator
    on 1452870176:

on 1452868510:

It's true. I feel like I've seen this movie before. I mean characters talking to each other, sitting down sometimes but other times doing things? Hasn't that been done to death?

I did say it looked interesting. I just don't think I was blown away by the premise.

• Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    The coolest thing about this trailer is that JJ and co. stealthed everybody. No one even knew this movie existed until today. As of now, it doesn't even have an IMDB listing.
  • farley2k
    GT Moderator
    That is quite amazing considering the Internet age.
  • forgeforsaken
    GT Member
    on 1452874902:

The coolest thing about this trailer is that JJ and co. stealthed everybody. No one even knew this movie existed until today. As of now, it doesn't even have an IMDB listing.

That's not exactly true. This was previously known as Valencia and was known to be in production, Mary Elizabeth Winstead has even talked about it in interviews. The re-title is the surprise. It's also unclear how connected to Cloverfield it is. “The idea came up a long time ago during production. We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible.”
  • Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    on 1452895028:

on 1452874902:

That's not exactly true. This was previously known as Valencia and was known to be in production, Mary Elizabeth Winstead has even talked about it in interviews. The re-title is the surprise. It's also unclear how connected to Cloverfield it is. “The idea came up a long time ago during production. We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible.”

Well, those pieces have only recently been put together. Every news article I saw this morning on it was flabbergasted that this was a completely unknown entity previous to the trailer release.
  • forgeforsaken
    GT Member
    on 1452899068:

on 1452895028:

on 1452874902:

Well, those pieces have only recently been put together. Every news article I saw this morning on it was flabbergasted that this was a completely unknown entity previous to the trailer release.
    Bad reporting then? The title change and potential Cloverfield connection is a surprise but the movie hardly is.

Article from 2014 even matches the plot of the trailer.

http://indierevolver.com/2014/08/25/mary-elizabeth-winstead-joins-john-goodman-in-the-cellar-formerly-valencia/
  • farley2k
    GT Moderator
    DC is trying a lot harder this year!

Suicide Squad trailer.

Wonder Woman Teaser Trailer Breakdown