Just announced for the Xbox 1 as well

originally Final Fantasy Versus XIII and renamed Final Fantasy XV

here is the trailer if you missed it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3xKbPooKAo

Comments

• Turtle
    Turtle
    GT Member
    Well, this will be some interesting politics.

The whole Versus 13 being a PS exclusive has been known for a long time, announced at many venues. Heck, I recall Sony saying in this E3 that FFXV was exclusively on the PS4. Maybe they found a loophole by renaming it?

We also know that Square has had a deal in place with Sony to create an exclusive game for some time, as part of fallout for some other deal that went sour.

So something major happened behind the scenes here between Square and Sony, either that or someone is just getting mixed messages.
  • CeeKay
    CeeKay
    GT Member
    well damn, there goes one of my maybe PS4 exclusives, and KH3 is also multiplatform now apparently.
  • forgeforsaken
    forgeforsaken
    GT Member
    Gameplay, looks to be a full on action game at this point
  • EddieA
    EddieA
    GT Member
    When the game was first announced, they said the combat was heavily based on that of Kingdom Hearts, and it looks like that's still true.
  • metallicorphan
    metallicorphan
    GT Member
    on 1370969947:

well damn, there goes one of my maybe PS4 exclusives, and KH3 is also multiplatform now apparently.

does it matter?,I suppose you were going to buy them for the PS4 anyway,still can,right?

and no one is buying an Xbox 1 anyway so it won't matter :P

on 1370988977:

looks okay....getting a bit disappointed though every time a new FF game comes nowadays out it moves further and further away from being the Final Fantasy RPG game i love and into another style of game altogether
  • CeeKay
    CeeKay
    GT Member
    on 1370989661:

on 1370969947:

does it matter?,I suppose you were going to buy them for the PS4 anyway,still can,right?

I'll be getting them for the Xbox One; if there were PS4 only then that would have meant I needed to buy and keep one.
  • CeeKay
    CeeKay
    GT Member
    on 1370988977:

Interest has risen by +1!
  • metallicorphan
    metallicorphan
    GT Member
    http://kotaku.com/sounds-like-final-fantasy-xv-might-get-a-sequel-512907771

ku-xlarge.jpg

"However, in the trailer," Nomura added, "there's a line of narration that reads, 'A World of the VERSUS Epic', suggesting that Final Fantasy XV ushers in one climax of a planned, continuous story."

Famitsu noted that it sounds like there's the possibility of a sequel of sorts to which Nomura replied, "If you make something this dense, it becomes an extraordinarily grand thing. There was an idea to drop the sheer volume and the density, but, in that situation, desired elements undoubtedly die, too."

Continuing, Nomura said, "That's why, I'm thinking in my mind of completing a successive work."

Hardly conclusive,but as Kotaku say,wouldn't put it past them nowadays
  • CeeKay
    CeeKay
    GT Member
    XV-II? naw, they'd never do something like milk a single number.
  • metallicorphan
    metallicorphan
    GT Member
    this is interesting,some Japanese gamers are not pleased with the setting of Final Fantasy XV(and i gotta admit,i see their point)

Kotaku

As the game's trailer states, Final Fantasy XV is a fantasy based on reality. A select group of Japanese gamers don't exactly seem thrilled with that.

What is bothering a handful of players is that the latest game has elements that seem, I dunno, commonplace? That is, if you live in Japan.

For the most part, the ETC booths look accurate—save for the giant armed guards and the blockade stumps. There's even a yellow safety vehicle (circled below), which you often see cruising Japanese highways.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Japanese Police Cars
    ku-xlarge.jpg

game screen
    ku-xlarge.jpg

But on the squad car, it reads in Japanese, "Royal Municipal Police Force".

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

"Where's the fantasy?" asked one commenter on 2ch. "Guess they're not making fantasy anymore," added another. "Maybe, foreigners who like Japan will get into this," yet another commenter chimed in.

Finally, one 2ch commenter quipped, "If they're going to set the game in Japan, then give the characters Japanese faces, too."
  • EddieA
    EddieA
    GT Member
    "Where's the fantasy?" asked one commenter on 2ch. "Guess they're not making fantasy anymore," added another.

That seems like rather a silly comment given that there's a giant blue ogre with a huge sword standing right behind the police car.
  • Turtle
    Turtle
    GT Member
    Not to mention, There's been what, 7 final fantasies with similar art designs, just with higher and higher resolution graphics? It's okay for one to draw more from reality to help make the fantastical stuff even more fantastical.

I just like how they have the whole modern thing, and it seems the story has this cool element of how these magic users deal with the modern era. How they deal with guns is pretty cool, hundreds of magic swords appearing to deflect bullets? Awesome.
  • CeeKay
    CeeKay
    GT Member
    on 1371129818:

"Where's the fantasy?" asked one commenter on 2ch. "Guess they're not making fantasy anymore," added another.

That seems like rather a silly comment given that there's a giant blue ogre with a huge sword standing right behind the police car.

well they already suffered from giant crabs during feudal times, so an ogre may bring back too many painful memories.
  • EddieA
    EddieA
    GT Member
    There's a little information on the game's development in this interview.

Nomura says during the interview that Final Fantasy Versus XIII was large enough in scope within the first year or two of having been announced, that Square Enix had already considered rebranding it as Final Fantasy XV. It was decided two years ago that it would shift to next-gen consoles and it was officially decided to move the title over as Final Fantasy XV sometime last year.

I'm glad the next-gen version has been in the works for awhile. I'm hoping it's not another couple of years before we get to play the game.
  • PR_GMR
    PR_GMR
    GT Member
    I finally saw the trailer for this. Color me surprised! This might be the first FF game I will play in years. :thumbsup:
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Long video/conversation about playing Final Fantasy 15. Worth watching is you are interested in the game.

I say conversation because she is just talking about when she played it and they just show video clips.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Gametrailers is streaming the demo on Twitch now (Tuesday 3/17 8am central). It will be archived so you can watch it later.

Pretty. Combat reminds me of Xenoblade. Real time, members doing their own things, etc.

*edit*

Apparently some embargo lifted today because Joystiq/Engadget is now streaming it as well.

I like their cometary better because I remember the voice from other Joystiq streams.

**edit**

I will just add videos to this comment since it really is just more of the same.

Here is the Gametrailers "Just Played"
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    I'm picking up FF Type 0 on the way home, will have some FF XV demo impressions later tonight.
  • Autistic Angel
    Autistic Angel
    GT Member
    Needs more impressions.

-Autistic Angel
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Was feeling crappy last night and went to bed early. Will try it tonight.
  • SeaMoosi
    SeaMoosi
    GT Member
    I'll be doing a vid on the demo later, anything in specific y'all want to see? I'm definitely going to try and include
    the Ramuh summon
    and maybe cut in a fight against the Behemoth.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Can you show how they do their hair? :)

Seriously I can't think of anything but don't forget to come post the link when it is up so I can check it out.

Thanks!

• Ridah
    Ridah
    GT Member
    A <a href=" video</a> has been posted and the release date will be announced on March 30th.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    on 1454348354:

A <a href=" video</a> has been posted and the release date will be announced on March 30th.

That was a weird video. :saywhat:

I looked at this in depth review of the new combat elements, which has me pretty excited for FFXV.
  • EddieA
    EddieA
    GT Member
    Here's a video of some stealth and combat, accompanied by some really nice music.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    on 1454358169:

Here's a video of some stealth and combat, accompanied by some really nice music.

That bit looks far more Metal Gear than Final Fantasy (which doesn't excite me in the least), but I'll reserve judgement.
  • farley2k
    farley2k
    GT Moderator
    Don't really have a clue from that how fights will work but it sure looks pretty.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Squeenix is doing a big "reveal" event, live in LA, plus streaming in multiple languages. Will include an official release date (rumored to be in late June), along with a bunch of other stuff. Interested to see what comes out of it.
  • EddieA
    EddieA
    GT Member
    Some details from the event were leaked by Gamespot -
    The release date is September 30 and there will be a new demo released tonight.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Suppose I should get around to finishing the original demo at some point.