[size=13pt]or glory. All the while dodging[/size]
[size=14pt]the forces of the evil [/size]
[size=15pt]GALACTIC EMPIRE.[/size]

[size=15pt]Set in the dark times after the[/size]
[size=16pt]battle of Yavin, where the Rebels'[/size]
[size=17pt]victory over the DEATH STAR[/size]
[size=18pt]has set off shockwaves across[/size]
[size=19pt]the galaxy...[/size]

I couldn't get any traction with my local gaming group on the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG, so I'm looking to run a game on these forums via play by forum rules.

Currently, there is only the beginner's set of rules but the main rulebook should be coming out in a month or so.

Anyone interested?

Our current characters:

Arkon as Josiah, a Sluissi Bounty Hunter Gadgeteer
Josiah - Sluissi Bounty Hunter Gadgeteer with an additional specialization in either Outlaw Tech or Slicing, which would get us computer skills.

Josiah was born and raised on Balmorra where his father and mother worked in an imperial factory building AT-STs. Being around the factories, Josiah took special interest in tinkering with any mechanical device he could get his hands on, be it spare protocol droids, blasters, shock gloves or broken down computer terminals in the city dump. When Josiah was old enough he took a job at the local factory working as a millwright, keeping all of the equipment in good repair. Unfortunately one fateful day while tinkering with a discarded holo-messenger Josiah unlocked a message that detailed plans of a the Tenloss crime syndicate to intercept a shipment of AT-STs that were heading off-world in order to reverse engineer them to develop a superior rival vehicle. Unknown at the time, unlocking the hidden message triggered a homing beacon signal to be sent back the leaders of the Tenloss Syndicate. Josiah took the holo-messenger with him, none the wiser.

Four nights later while working his typically uneventful night shift Josiah was set upon by 3 vicious looking trandoshan. No match for the three mercenaries, Josiah was quickly incapacitated and bound with a fairly rudimentary set of binders for transport. As Josiah came too, he overheard the trandoshan talking, picking up bits and pieces about the Tenloss crime syndicate, a missing holo-messenger and a bounty that the trandoshan were planning on cashing in. Thankfully for Josiah, part of his standard gear as an after hours security guard was a set of binders very similar to the set he found himself currently bound with, and he was able to quickly pick the lock to free himself. With a little quick thinking, Josiah was able to sabotage a nearby protocol droid to provide a distraction for his escape...Knowing that he couldn't go back home and put his parents in danger, Josiah secured transport off-world by offering his services as a mechanic to a spice trader who he encountered at the space port. Josiah has been on the run from the bounty and the Tenloss syndicate ever since.

Obligation: Bounty (+5 for 1,000 credits)
Species: Sluissi
Career: Technician
Specialization 1: Mechanic
XP: 90
XP Spent: 90

Wound Threshold: 14
Strain Threshold: 12
Defense: 0/0
Soak Value: 4

Characteristics:

[li]Brawn (2)[/li]
[li]Agility (3)[/li]
[li]Intellect (4)[/li]
[li]Cunning (2)[/li]
[li]Willpower (2)[/li]
[li]Presence (1)[/li]

[size=14pt]Skills[/size]
General SkillsCareerRanksDice Pool
Astrogation (Int)
Y
◆◆◆
Athletics (Br)◆◆
Charm (Pr)
Coerce (Will)◆◆
Computers (Int)
Y
◆◆◆
Cool (Pr)
Coordination (Agi)
Y
◆◆
Deceit (Cun)◆◆
Discipline (Will)
Y
◆◆
Leadership (Pr)
Mechanics (Int)
Y
◆◆★★
Medicine (Int)◆◆◆◆
Negotiation(Cun )◆◆
Perception (Cun)
Y
◆◆
Pilot (Planet) (Agi)
Y
◆◆
Pilot (Space) (Agi)
Y
◆◆
Resilience (Br)◆◆
Skulduggery(Cun)
Y
◆◆
Stealth (Agi)◆◆◆
Streetwise (Cun)◆◆
Survival (Cun)◆◆
Vigilance (Will)◆◆
Combat SkillsCareerRanksDice Pool
Brawl (Br)
Y

Gunnery (Agi)◆◆◆
Melee (Br)◆◆
Ranged(Light) (Agi)◆◆◆
Ranged(Heavy)(Agi)◆◆◆
Knowledge SkillsCareerRanksDice Pool
Core Worlds (Int)◆◆◆◆
Education (Int) [color=dar
kgreen]◆◆◆◆[/color]
Lore (Int)◆◆◆◆
Outer Rim (Int)
Y
◆◆◆◆
Underworld (Int)◆◆◆◆
Xenology (Int)◆◆◆◆

Talents:

[li]Gearhead[/li]
[li]Toughened[/li]
[li]Fine Tuning[/li]
[li]Solid Repairs[/li]

Gear:

[li]Padded Armor[/li]
[li]Blaster Pistol[/li]
[li]Brass Knuckles[/li]
[li]2 Stun Grenades[/li]
[li]Comlink (Handheld)[/li]
[li]Toolkit[/li]
[li]50 credits[/li]

Misguided as Tho, the Bothan Smuggler:

Name: Tho (pronounced ‘Toe’)
Species: Bothan
Career: Smuggler
Specialization 1: Scoundrel

Wound Threshold: 11
Strain Threshold: 13
Defense: 0/0
Soak Value: 2

Characteristics:

[li]Brawn (1)[/li]
[li]Agility (2)[/li]
[li]Intellect (2)[/li]
[li]Cunning (4)[/li]
[li]Willpower (2)[/li]
[li]Presence (3)[/li]

[size=14pt]Skills[/size]

General SkillsCareerRanksDice Pool

Astrogation (Int) ◆◆

Athletics (Br)

Charm (Pr)
Y
◆◆

Coerce (Will) ◆◆

Computers (Int) ◆◆

Cool (Pr)
Y
◆◆

Coordination (Agi)
Y
◆◆

Deception (Cun)
Y
◆◆ ★★

Discipline (Will)◆◆

Leadership (Pr)◆◆◆

Mechanics (Int) ◆◆

Medicine (Int)◆◆

Negotiation(Cun )◆◆◆◆

Perception (Cun)
Y
◆◆◆

Pilot (Planet) (Agi) ◆◆

Pilot (Space) (Agi)
Y
◆◆

Resilience (Br)

Skulduggery(Cun)
Y
◆◆◆

Stealth (Agi)◆◆

Streetwise (Cun)
Y
◆◆ ★★

Survival (Cun)◆◆◆◆

Vigilance (Will)
Y
◆◆

Combat SkillsCareerRanksDice Pool

Brawl (Br)

Gunnery (Agi)◆◆

Melee (Br)

Ranged(Light) (Agi)
Y

Ranged(Heavy)(Agi) ◆◆

Knowledge SkillsCareerRanksDice Pool

Underworld (Int)
Y

Talents Ranks

Black Market Contacts

Convincing Demeanor

Quick Draw
NA

Gear:

[li]Heavy Clothing[/li]
[li]Blaster Pistol[/li]
[li]Utility Belt[/li]
[li]Comlink (Handheld)[/li]

Tho was born Tho Ma’Dro, but no longer uses her family or clan affiliation.

After she was asked to transport a freighter from Ryloth to the Inner Rim, Tho discovered there were Twi’leks hidden on board by Black Sun. Tho fled to Tatooine with the ship, set the Twi’leks free, then destroyed the freighter, making it look like an accident. Since then, she’s been reluctant to stay in one place for too long, taking whatever jobs she can in order to get by.

If it is discovered Tho still lives, the rest of her family might be endangered. She hopes to eventually become a legitimate trader and return to her family, but she’ll have to find a way to settle things with Black Sun first. Considering she doesn’t even know whose slaves she set free, that could be difficult.

Comments

• Arkon
    Arkon
    GT Member
    I am definitely interested.
  • Razgon
    Razgon
    Unless me being from a different timezone presents any issues, I'd love to participate. Would you require we purchase this new rulebook, or?
  • The Grue
    The Grue
    I've got the Beginner Game myself and very much looking forward to the Core Rules. I'd love to participate. How many times a day do people usually dedicate to putting their moves in?
  • Misguided
    Misguided
    GT Member
    As a play by forum? YES!
  • Punisher
    Punisher
    GT Member
    No idea how this works, but may be interested...
  • Turtle
    Turtle
    GT Member
    I'm thinking 2-3 updates a day, more if people get their actions in early.

For those that don't have the rules, should be simple enough to explain them early on, anything detailed I'll cover.

I'll limit this to 6 players, and we have 5 interested so far.

There are 6 beginner game pre-made characters and we'll run through the two starter adventures. Then when the full rulebook comes out everyone can make characters, then we can either choose to retcon everything as if your new characters actually did everything, or start fresh.
  • Razgon
    Razgon
    Soooo :-)
  • Scoop20906
    Scoop20906
    GT Member
    Turtle. I am definitely IN!

I've got my own copy of the beginners rulebook and I can't wait to see your interpretation.
  • Scoop20906
    Scoop20906
    GT Member
    That is if there is room for me. Is there? :P
  • Punisher
    Punisher
    GT Member
    Not sure if I could commit to 2-3 rounds per day. I think I will just lurk this one to give someone who can commit a chance.. Then if it looks doable, I'll try the next one.
  • Turtle
    Turtle
    GT Member
    Writing a scenario that uses the Beginner Game characters in a different way, which way people who have the beginner's game and already read it can play with surprises.
  • Scoop20906
    Scoop20906
    GT Member
    Turtle. Do you need us to do anything?
  • rshetts2
    rshetts2
    GT Member
    Sounds interesting. If youre still looking for participants, Ill give it a shot.
  • Misguided
    Misguided
    GT Member
    on 1370749407:

Sounds interesting. If youre still looking for participants, Ill give it a shot.

No werewolves in this one. Just sayin'
  • Turtle
    Turtle
    GT Member
    Found a copy of the beta rules, so if you guys want to make characters you can. We'll then convert them to release edition rules come July.

Easier if you come up with an idea and I'll start it out for you.

Everyone who had expressed interest may play. Discuss with the group what roles you might want to fill, and what kind of group you are/will be.

You will be given a ship, a light freighter, a Ghtroc 720. You'll know why I chose that if you look it up. ;)
  • Arkon
    Arkon
    GT Member
    So I am on vacation and haven't had a chance to look at the rule set yet. What are the available character types?
  • Turtle
    Turtle
    GT Member
    Races are:
    Bothan
    Droid
    Gand
    Human
    Rodian
    Trandoshan
    Twi'lek
    Wookie

Careers and Specializations below, listed as basic Career and the specialization of that which determines specis abilities and bonuses.

Bounty Hunter: Assassin, Gadgeteer, Survivalist
    Colonist: Doctor, Politico, Scholar
    Explorer: Fringer, Scout, Trader
    Hired Gun: Bodyguard, Marauder, Mercenary Soldier
    Smuggler: Pilot, Scoundrel, Thief
    Technician: Mechanic, Outlaw Tech, Slicer

• The Grue
    The Grue
    I will be a Rodian Explorer Scout.
  • Razgon
    Razgon
    Droid Colonist Scholar sounds pretty damn fun!
  • Misguided
    Misguided
    GT Member
    I'm thinking Bothan Trader...
  • Arkon
    Arkon
    GT Member
    So I assume we are rebels, and we have a freighter so would need a pilot and at this point some muscle? I have a few thoughts, a Gand Gadgeteer, a droid pilot, or a trandoshan technician outlaw tech.
  • Scoop20906
    Scoop20906
    GT Member
    I'd like to play a Gand BodyGuard named Poill.

Poill's last client died suddenly and Poill has no purpose at present. Poill would enjoy putting his meager skills to work for a worthy cause.

• Punisher
    Punisher
    GT Member
    What is the best place to get the rulebook/game?
  • Turtle
    Turtle
    GT Member
    Right now, the rulebook will not be available until early July. There's a beginner's box game available, but not worth it unless you have a group to play with.

I'll be handling basic character creation for now using the old beta rules they sold a long time ago, and once the full book comes out everyone gets to create their characters how they want.

If you have access to the old beta rules (it was sold in stores) then you can make your own character.

I'll be starting this in a week, next Saturday, since I have a script deadline this coming week.
  • Misguided
    Misguided
    GT Member
    Cool, thanks for the update.
  • Razgon
    Razgon
    on 1371251909:

If I could find it on my attic, we should play Children of the Sun while we wait :-)
  • Arkon
    Arkon
    GT Member
    Ok, I think I have settled on outlaw tech but will be changing the race to droid.
  • Misguided
    Misguided
    GT Member
    on 1371560547:

on 1371251909:

If I could find it on my attic, we should play Children of the Sun while we wait :-)

Hah!
  • The Grue
    The Grue
    Just ordered the Core Rulebook from Amazon, so very excited to receive it on Tuesday. I guess today is the day it came out.
  • Arkon
    Arkon
    GT Member
    Just ordered mine as well, due to come in on Tuesday also...since we haven't started yet, is it ok if I take a look at the full rules to finalize my character race/class?