Steam Deals Thread: Daily, Weekly, Midweek, Weekend and all other sales!

Comments

• hepcat
    hepcat
    GT Member
    No one has answered my query in the Amazon sale thread, so I'll pose it again here: Is Dungeons worth 13 bucks?
  • jersoc
    jersoc
    GT Member
    dwarf one is bugged I think, just got the 2500 points. got the achievement but it's not marked as completed under the summer thing.

anyways that ones easy to get. since there's no time limit just built up a 2 combo on the middle ones then park yourself on the far right and aim for the back ones when you can. boom done in like 5 mins.
  • naednek
    naednek
    GT Moderator
    wished i saw the witcher 2 sale yesterday.
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Anybody that doesn't have Just Cause 2 at this point needs to buy it for $5!
  • kronovan
    kronovan
    GT Member
    So far the only game I've gotten is a 2nd copy of NWN2 Platinum for my son so we can play it co-op. It was only a 33% dicsount, but hey at $13 there's a heckuva lot of gameplay there. ;) Here's hoping they put the ARMA II Combined Ops bundle on sale.
  • CeeKay
    CeeKay
    GT Member
    OK, Knights oft he Old Republic definitely wasn't there earlier, and this time I'm grabbing it!

Day 2:

The Mawesome Pack
    2.99 USD
    The Heroes Pack
    4.99 USD
    Gratuitous Space Battles: Galactic Conquest
    1.74 USD
    Gratuitous Space Battles: Nomads
    1.49 USD
    Woody Two Legs
    3.34 USD
    Star Wars: KOTOR
    2.49 USD
    Dungeons
    13.59 USD
    Hamiltons Great Adventure
    4.99 USD

Subtotal
    35.62 USD
    Running total: 86.19
  • Captain Caveman
    Captain Caveman
    GT Member
    on 1309559303:

I would, but it doesn't run on XP. :icon_cry:
  • morlac
    morlac
    on 1309559303:

Yes! It is therapeutic mayhem! Bad day at work? Come home and fire up JC2, shit ass grin is guaranteed within 10 minutes. That game will never come off my hard drive.
  • EddieA
    EddieA
    GT Member
    on 1309548573:

No one has answered my query in the Amazon sale thread, so I'll pose it again here: Is Dungeons worth 13 bucks?

I've only played the demo, but the overall response to the game didn't seem very positive. From what I've read about the game, it's a poor successor to Dungeon Keeper. The thing that really turned me off was the fact that invading enemies grow more powerful at set time intervals, so if you get behind, it's almost impossible to catch up.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    I finally broke down and picked up Last Remnant. It's been on my "someday" list for a few years now, but I've never seen it on one of these screaming deal sales. In two years, it's been on a daily sale once (a day I was out of town), hasn't been on a weekend sale, and hasn't been included in any of the summer or holiday sales. It's 33% off right now, so I figured I may as well grab it.

With my luck, it'll go for $5 tomorrow...
  • Canuck
    Canuck
    GT Member
    It probably will. Thanks for getting me a cheaper price! Honestly, these deals last the whole sale so why wouldn't you wait until the end to see first if it might come up in a daily deal?
  • jersoc
    jersoc
    GT Member
    on 1309559303:

no thanks.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    on 1309591169:

It probably will. Thanks for getting me a cheaper price! Honestly, these deals last the whole sale so why wouldn't you wait until the end to see first if it might come up in a daily deal?

Because I have the next 3 days off work and actually have some time to game...an extreme rarity in my life. I also really wanted something new to play, and have been itching for a new JRPG. LR is the only current gen JRPG that I haven't tried yet.

It's also never shown up on any of the other holiday sales, so why would this one be any different?
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    on 1309591516:

on 1309559303:

no thanks.

??

Have you played it? It's a lot of fun. Easily worth $5.
  • hepcat
    hepcat
    GT Member
    on 1309620186:

on 1309591516:

on 1309559303:

no thanks.

??

Pssst...I'ts jersoc. He hates almost every game. It's his thing. :icon_wink:
  • Bullwinkle
    Bullwinkle
    GT Member
    on 1309624701:

on 1309620186:

on 1309591516:

on 1309559303:

no thanks.

??

Pssst...I'ts jersoc. He hates almost every game. It's his thing. :icon_wink:

Yeah, I know. I even knew I was rising to the bait, but I figured another endorsement for JC2 couldn't hurt.
  • Caine
    Caine
    GT Member
    in for magicka pack. not sure about hoard or garshasp though.
  • mirage775
    mirage775
    GT Member
    Today may ruin me. I will probably buy Horde, Magika, and Fable 3. Unsure about RE5 and AVP though?
  • Zarkon
    Zarkon
    GT Member
    Someone sell me on Horde.
  • jersoc
    jersoc
    GT Member
    on 1309620186:

on 1309591516:

on 1309559303:

no thanks.

??

i played the demo, wasn't my thing.

also, i only hate bad games, like dragon age 2.
  • Zinfan
    Zinfan
    GT Member
    Magika complete pack for me today.
  • Kossak
    Kossak
    GT Member
    on 1309628260:

Today may ruin me. I will probably buy Horde, Magika, and Fable 3. Unsure about RE5 and AVP though?

I remember AVP was really awesome, when i played it some time ago (campaign, didn't play multiplayer much), but RE5 i remember as a shitty console port.
  • rshetts2
    rshetts2
    GT Member
    on 1309635353:

on 1309620186:

on 1309591516:

on 1309559303:

no thanks.

??

:eek: ::) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
  • TiLT
    TiLT
    GT Member
    on 1309639231:

on 1309635353:

on 1309620186:

on 1309591516:

on 1309559303:

no thanks.

??

:eek: ::) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Can't say I agree with jersoc much, but he's right there. Dragon Age 2 wasn't a good game.

Just Cause 2 is mindless fun though. The story is laughably bad, but hijacking a plane, flying it far above the clouds, then jumping out and landing on top of a skyscraper after a minute of free falling is worth $5 alone. :)
  • Hrothgar
    Hrothgar
    GT Member
    on 1309631995:

Someone sell me on Horde.

No, I liked the concept, but it didn't work for me. Play the demo, you'll get about all the fun of the full game. Maybe the multiplayer focus wasn't for me.
  • naednek
    naednek
    GT Moderator
    picked up darksiders and bad company 2 vietnam. Possibly Witcher if it goes below 30.
  • Gryndyl
    Gryndyl
    GT Member
    Grabbed Just Cause 2. Put in 8 hours already. Best $5 game investment ever :D
  • mirage775
    mirage775
    GT Member
    Well, I did better than I thought I was going to. I only bought Magika Complete Pack!
  • hepcat
    hepcat
    GT Member
    I've been picking up DLC mostly. Galactic Conquest for Gratuitious Space Battles (I bought it off the developer site when it was in beta, but I can find the download link...may as well get it through steam like the rest of the game), some stuff for Civ 5. Couldn't bring myself to buy dungeons though. And I have Just Cause 2, Borderlands and Resident Evil on the 360. Hopefully some stuff I don't already own that I want will show up.
  • rshetts2
    rshetts2
    GT Member
    on 1309644091:

on 1309639231:

on 1309635353:

on 1309620186:

on 1309591516:

on 1309559303:

no thanks.

??

Can't say I agree with jersoc much, but he's right there. Dragon Age 2 wasn't a good game.

Just Cause 2 is mindless fun though. The story is laughably bad, but hijacking a plane, flying it far above the clouds, then jumping out and landing on top of a skyscraper after a minute of free falling is worth $5 alone. :)

My comment wasnt in regards to Dragon Age 2 which was admittedly very polarizing and less than stellar. It was more about the only hating bad games. Jersoc seems to hate everything. The anger and venom he constantly spews makes me wonder why he even plays games at all. If they made me feel as he does Id find another hobby. The fact that he doesnt makes me believe that he enjoys being rude nasty and vulgar far more than he enjoys actually playing the games. Thats what makes me laugh.