Steam Deals Thread: Daily, Weekly, Midweek, Weekend and all other sales!

Comments

• Crawley
    Crawley
    GT Member
    Some nice Day 1 deals. Will be picking up:

Test Drive Unlimited 2 ($10)
    Lead and Gold ($1.50) - always wanted to check it out
    Back to the Future - ($12.50)
    Metal of Honor - ($10.00) - why not?

And a maybe to Bit Trip Runner ($2.50) - which is another one I wanted to check out but kinda doubt I'd play it much.

Great price on Witcher 2 which is totally worth it at $34
  • CeeKay
    CeeKay
    GT Member
    I can't even get Steampowered.com to come up to check out the dailies. I guess I'll have to wait until I get home.

[edit] OK, got the page to load but it's FUBAR'd.

[edit 2] OK, probably going to grab the Mumbo Jombo and Popcap packs.

[edit 3] Solar 2 is a fun game at $9.99, and it's only $4.99 now.
  • Lordnine
    Lordnine
    GT Member
    on 1309457778:

Well, right now that's 7.99 for the 3 versions of Elven Legacy, multiple Majesty 2 expansions, and a random game thrown in. About 3.39 each.

But yeah, I see games drop down to $1.79 by later in the sale. I've already got hydrophobia prophecy to try.

Majesty 2 was a huge disappointment for me and I loved the original.
  • hepcat
    hepcat
    GT Member
    on 1309461621:

on 1309457778:

Well, right now that's 7.99 for the 3 versions of Elven Legacy, multiple Majesty 2 expansions, and a random game thrown in. About 3.39 each.

But yeah, I see games drop down to $1.79 by later in the sale. I've already got hydrophobia prophecy to try.

Conversely I absolutely loved it and played the base game and all the expansions to completion. To me, Majesty 2 is 1/2 Tower Defense, 1/2 puzzle game.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    on 1309461621:

on 1309457778:

Same here.
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    on 1309460356:

Some nice Day 1 deals. Will be picking up:

Test Drive Unlimited 2 ($10)
    Lead and Gold ($1.50) - always wanted to check it out
    Back to the Future - ($12.50)
    Metal of Honor - ($10.00) - why not?

And a maybe to Bit Trip Runner ($2.50) - which is another one I wanted to check out but kinda doubt I'd play it much.

Great price on Witcher 2 which is totally worth it at $34

TDU2 is fantastic. Too bad I put a ton of time on the console version - I don't want to start again.
  • Hrothgar
    Hrothgar
    GT Member
    on 1309463000:

on 1309461621:

on 1309457778:

Conversely I absolutely loved it and played the base game and all the expansions to completion. To me, Majesty 2 is 1/2 Tower Defense, 1/2 puzzle game.

I'm going to have to go with Hepcat on this one except I haven't had time to finish all the expansions.
  • CeeKay
    CeeKay
    GT Member
    Day 1:

Grabbed:

The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
    6.24 USD
    Starscape
    2.49 USD
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution
    14.99 USD
    Drakensang: The River of Time
    9.99 USD
    Drakensang
    6.79 USD
    FATALE
    1.74 USD
    Drakensang: Phileasson's Secret
    4.99 USD
    Magicka: Vietnam
    3.34 USD

total: $50.57
    running total $50.57
  • EngineNo9
    EngineNo9
    GT Member
    Why are you buying games that aren't in the daily sale? You know you're only going to regret it. :P
  • CeeKay
    CeeKay
    GT Member
    on 1309493722:

Why are you buying games that aren't in the daily sale? You know you're only going to regret it. :P

LOL, the most expensive one was River of Time at 10 bucks, the rest were so cheap that even if they did knock them down it'd only be a couple of bucks.
  • EddieA
    EddieA
    GT Member
    I picked up Back To The Future and Bit.Trip.Runner for $15 total. I would have bought Borderlands GOTY, but I just paid $12 for it on Amazon the other day :(
  • Caine
    Caine
    GT Member
    had my finger on the purchase button for bttf and dow2:r but then the ghosts of the steam backlog showing 5 episodes of monkey island and both dow2 and dow2:cr mocking me and held off. i've added a bunch of stuff to my wishlist though in case it goes on super sale. mostly small stuff though as i won't feel like an idiot for spending bucks on games that will join the list of the unplayed in my steam catalog.
  • Canuck
    Canuck
    GT Member
    Would somebody be willing to grab Oblivion for me and gift it? It's not available in Japan. I can paypal. I really only want it to play the Nehrim mod so probably the cheap $6.80 GOTY edition would be enough right?
  • Lyno
    Lyno
    I got Borderlands GotY ($7.50) and Spectromancer pack ($5). Waiting for Armored Princess Platinum to go on sale :)

-Lyno
  • morlac
    morlac
    on 1309520263:

I got Borderlands GotY ($7.50) and Spectromancer pack ($5). Waiting for Armored Princess Platinum to go on sale :)

-Lyno

I think armored princess is still on sale on impulse. Plus I saw it for $5 at gamestop yesterday. Just in case you can't wait!

edit: Amazon has the platinum edition that includes all Kings bounty titles for $8.79 digital download.
  • Scraper
    Scraper
    GT Member
    Thank god I'm going to be AFk until the 6th, this way Steam won't kill my wallet like it did during the winter.
  • hepcat
    hepcat
    GT Member
    on 1309508892:

Would somebody be willing to grab Oblivion for me and gift it? It's not available in Japan. I can paypal. I really only want it to play the Nehrim mod so probably the cheap $6.80 GOTY edition would be enough right?

I'm sure it would be. Shoot me a PM if you still need someone to do this for you.
  • CeeKay
    CeeKay
    GT Member
    damn, Duke Nukem Forever is part of the $79.99 2K pack, and there's almost enough DLC and stuff in it that I want (almost 50 bucks worth) that it almost makes grabbing the whole pack worth it.
  • Moliere
    Moliere
    on 1309529523:

damn, Duke Nukem Forever is part of the $79.99 2K pack, and there's almost enough DLC and stuff in it that I want (almost 50 bucks worth) that it almost makes grabbing the whole pack worth it.

:icon_biggrin:

I was just eyeing that list myself. It would be more tempting if I didn't already own both Bioshocks, Civ IV, both Freedom Force games, and Borderlands. Essentially, I would be buying it for Civ V, Mafia 2, NBA 2k11, and MLB 2k10. Not sure if that is worth $80 since I probably wouldn't play the other games much.
  • YellowKing
    YellowKing
    GT Member
    This Steam sale plus all the iOS sales running right now is going to hurt. So far I've been able to resist, but Witcher 2 for $33 was mighty damn tempting. Fortunately I had enough in my backlog I knew I wouldn't get to it right away.
  • CeeKay
    CeeKay
    GT Member
    and the entire world prepares to hit their F5 keys.....

<insert hands rubbing in anticipation smiley here>
  • hepcat
    hepcat
    GT Member
    Nothing great, unfortunately. Dungeons is almost twice the price of Amazon's current sale, too.
  • CeeKay
    CeeKay
    GT Member
    on 1309539818:

Nothing great, unfortunately. Dungeons is almost twice the price of Amazon's current sale, too.

it's showing as $13.59 for me....

I'll probably grab that and Hamiltons Great Adventure too.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    I'm getting a 503 error for the whole site.
  • CeeKay
    CeeKay
    GT Member
    may grab the Heroes V complete pack for 5 bucks just for the heck of it.
  • Zarkon
    Zarkon
    GT Member
    Eh, the Heroes of Might and Magic pack for $5 is a go for me.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    I'll be looking at the GTA pack and Spacechem this evening. I never played through the majority of Vice City or San Andreas or the first two.
  • hepcat
    hepcat
    GT Member
    on 1309539855:

on 1309539818:

it's showing as $13.59 for me....

I'll probably grab that and Hamiltons Great Adventure too.

Interesting. when i initially went to that page it must have still been in the process of updating prices (it WAS literally seconds after the update). dungeons was at about 26 bucks and the GTA pack was around 20. I may have to bite on dungeons at that price.
  • Crawley
    Crawley
    GT Member
    Anyone tried Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 on the PC? For $10 it's perked my interest but it sounds like it may have had (has?) technical issues. Also I know the original was like a 20 gig download due to inlcuding all the languages in it or something like that. Anyone know if the same deal for 2?

Only other game I'm looking at today is Dwarfs!? for $5.

And Black Ops needs to be way cheaper than $40.
  • Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Wow, two whole days of a Steam sale without a single purchase from me. Don't think that's ever happened before.