New DVD/BD releases 5/19: Dammit Chloe, we're running out of time!

Jimmy the Fish
Jimmy the Fish
edited May 2009 in Off-Topic
Welcome back to another installment of the weekly DVD/BD release list. Not an extensive list of new stuff this week, but there are some interesting releases of older titles, along with a couple of brand new items. For your consideration, check these titles out:

1458049t.jpg Talk about perfect timing. Tonight is the finale of the current season of 24. Just as the dust settles, you'll be ready for the DVD and Blu-Ray release. This also marks the first time 24 has appeared on Blu-Ray.
1455173t.jpg One of the more underrated of the Pixar Disney movies. No doubt it will look stunning on Blu-Ray.
1455167t.jpg Personally, I thought this was one of the more enjoyable war movies made. The cat and mouse sniper vs. sniper action was quite well done. No doubt this should look quite good on Blu-Ray.
1455677t.jpg Folks, it's double dipping time! This marks the FIFTH incarnation of Terminator 2 on disc. Three on DVD and now two on Blu-Ray. Can you say overkill? Word is that this latest Blu-Ray release is only marginally better than the first Blu-Ray release, so you'll have to be some kind of uber-fan to want it. There is also a special collector's set that includes this BD version, along with the last two DVD versions (the Ultimate and the Extreme DVD versions) and a cool T-800 endoskeleton head. All for the low, low price of $120. For the ridiculously anal retentive collectors only.
1452423t.jpg Hot vampire sex + Anna Paquin = must buy
1458226t.jpg A suspense filled war movie, directed by Bryan Singer, starring Tom Cruise? Well, two out of three ain't bad. I'll give it a shot.

Other minor releases include Fanboys, which is probably just a rental, Friday Night Lights Season 3, Paul Blart: Mall Cop (there's an audience for stupid slapstick comedies), My Bloody Valentine 3D, and of course, the highlight of the week, WWE: Wrestlemania 25th Anniversary. ;)

New DVD Releases:
8 Simple Rules: Season 2
24: Season 7
Billy Jack
Dr. Doolittle: Million Dollar Mutts
Driven to Kill
Eden Log
El Dorado (Centennial Collection)
Fanboys
Friday Night Lights: Season 3
The Friends of Eddie Coyle (CC)
The Girl on a Motorcycle
Labou
Man Hunt (1941)
Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (Cent. Coll.)
My Bloody Valentine 3D (1-disc)
My Bloody Valentine 3D SE (2-disc)
Outlander
Paul Blart: Mall Cop
Peyton Place: Part One (5-disc)
Pigs, Pimps & Prostitutes – Imamura (CC)
PufnStuf
Sister, Sister: Season 2
True Blood: Season 1
Valkyrie (1-disc)
Valkyrie SE (2-disc)
WWE: Wrestlemania 25th Anniversary

New Blu-Ray Releases:
3 Days of the Condor
24: Season 7
Batman (20th Anniversary Edition)
A Bug’s Life
Changing Lanes
Dr. Doolittle: Million Dollar Mutts
Driven to Kill
Eden Log
Enemy at the Gates
Lions for Lambs
The Machinist
My Bloody Valentine 3D
Paul Blart: Mall Cop
Paycheck
T2 - Judgment Day: Skynet Edition
T2 – Judgment Day LE Collector’s Set
True Blood: Season 1
Valkyrie
WWE: Wrestlemania 25th Anniversary

Comments

• Larraque
    Larraque
    GT Member
    How was Valkyrie and Mall Cop? Worth renting, or worth running away from screaming like a little girl?

Also, bump.
  • Moliere
    Moliere
    on 1242836286:

How was Valkyrie

I thought it was ok. A little fatalistic knowing they were going to fail, but still an entertaining movie.
  • Canuck
    Canuck
    GT Member
    on 1242836661:

on 1242836286:

How was Valkyrie

I thought it was ok. A little fatalistic knowing
    they were going to fail
    , but still an entertaining movie.

Oh way to go!! Give the whole movie away! I don't suppose you would like to ruin the ending of WW2 as well? ;)
  • Canuck
    Canuck
    GT Member
    Oh and 20th anniversary of Batman? Holy crap I feel old.
  • Moliere
    Moliere
    on 1242905354:

on 1242836661:

on 1242836286:

How was Valkyrie

I thought it was ok. A little fatalistic knowing
    they were going to fail
    , but still an entertaining movie.

Oh way to go!! Give the whole movie away! I don't suppose you would like to ruin the ending of WW2 as well? ;)

I can't be held responsible for people who don't know the outcome of WWII. :icon_razz:
  • CeeKay
    CeeKay
    GT Member
    I'll probably grab Enemy at the Gate on blu ray once I see some revies about it's quality. same deal with T2 so my blu ray copy of T3 will have a companion.