Please ban this ad

Knightshade_Dragon
Knightshade_Dragon
edited March 2009 in Forum and Site Feedback
Report stuff that shouldn't be in our ad rotation (e.g. gold farming) in this thread and I'll nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...

Ron Burke
Editor in Chief
GAMING TREND

Xbox Gamertag: Gaming Trend
PS4 Tag: GamingTrend

Comments

• Knightshade_Dragon
    Knightshade_Dragon
    GT Manager
    All reported sites (speebie) have been nuked as of 4/10. Please report any other sites in this thread. Bans will take effect in a few hours.

Ron Burke
    Editor in Chief
    GAMING TREND

• Gratch
    Gratch
    GT Member
    Any chance we could nuke the Civony ad with the half naked chick? Makes having GT open at work a little iffy. :paranoid:
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    The international Muslim Matrimonials site? Really?

Not that I have an issue with the religion aspect, but do we really need ads for a mail-order bride service?
  • Knightshade_Dragon
    Knightshade_Dragon
    GT Manager
    Nuked a bunch of ads this morning. I'll keep working on trying to find links for the ads mentioned, but I really do need a link to ban it properly - they may not serve their ads from their own site. :)

Ron Burke
    Editor in Chief
    GAMING TREND

• CeeKay
    CeeKay
    GT Member
    on 1239388526:

Any chance we could nuke the Civony ad with the half naked chick? Makes having GT open at work a little iffy. :paranoid:

this ad is back, with a new hot chick (and apparently a new name).

http://www.evonyonline.com/evonyg1.html?google1&gclid=CK6bhvutipwCFSENDQodfWpkXw
  • Knightshade_Dragon
    Knightshade_Dragon
    GT Manager
    on 1249401361:

on 1239388526:

this ad is back, with a new hot chick (and apparently a new name).

http://www.evonyonline.com/evonyg1.html?google1&gclid=CK6bhvutipwCFSENDQodfWpkXw

Working on it.

Ron Burke
    Editor in Chief
    GAMING TREND

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Not a ban request, but at 1024*768 in IE7 (only resolution/browser we develop in), the banner ads are bleeding over to cover up other screen elements. So it looks like I'm browsing the forums at "GamingT" and the banner covers up a bit of the User Info box.

626346=5658-banner.JPG
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    on 1260381977:

Not a ban request, but at 1024*768 in IE7 (only resolution/browser we develop in), the banner ads are bleeding over to cover up other screen elements. So it looks like I'm browsing the forums at "GamingT" and the banner covers up a bit of the User Info box.

Which theme are you using?

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    BlackDay
  • uxFOOL
    uxFOOL
    GT Manager
    on 1260393456:

BlackDay

Yeah, that's what I thought (shakes fist at BlackDay).

I will try to adjust that issue when I get a chance, but I have to admit, it's a little low on my list right now :P

Mike Dunn
    Executive Producer & Editor-at-Large
    GAMING TREND

• Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    No worries. Just throw it on the pile.
  • Purge
    Purge
    GT Member
    Resolve detergent. It's a talkie.
    http://www.powerofresolve.ca/

Right side banner ad that plays video.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    Top of page Flash ad that strobes and plays a "Congratulations! You won!" audio file. Text is something similar to the 1,000,000 visitor nonsense.
  • Isgrimnur
    Isgrimnur
    GT Member
    And on this page, there's a "you are missing the Download manager to play video", which I believe are usually attempts to get you to click for a malware download. Also flash.